Wednesday 29 May 2024

Bets 31/05/2024 - Oaks

This time last year was very close to 2,400/1 quad in the first 4 races, but Haatem fluffed the start in the Woodcote.


2.00 Woodcote - Been so busy forgot to bet New Charter 9/4. Think was 9/2. Ahhh Solid form with Mountain Breeze who is fave for the Albany. Megalitihic was the only danger I could see in the field. New Bay ped perfect for this. I'm not sure it's value now, but alas punting it anyway.


2.35 - Last year focussed on a front runner who I know will stay. Bencare 12/1 ew fits the bill this year. Twice a course winner. Ran well enough in the Licoln Trial before wandering around. I've forgiven Kingscote now after winning on Kerdos, but he has a good record at Epsom. I'm nearly convinced Orbaan 16/1ew is back. Running of 12lb lower than last year when a decent fast finishing 3rd. I just think needs better ground, but at 16s I'm happy to have a small ew. Koy Koy 11/2 is the one to spoil the party. In Meydan was not ridden prominently like needs to, to win. Would have finished closer lto. I'm not backing Koy Koy though as two is enough but there's a tempting tricast here.... If Dutch Decoy wins then I cry. Bopedro I'm keeping for an HQ Handicap.


3.10 - I have Emily Upjohn 11/4 Antepost. I do worry about Shoemark. Camelots have never won at Epsom which is madness given he won the Derby, but that crosses Lux off. Feed The Flam is interesting, but I have no need to do anything else.


3.45 - Bolster 9/2ew - Should have backed it when earmarked as was 7/1. Anyhow. I had 4 or 5 I liked in this. Killybeg will make all and hopefully Bolster will sit prominently and win it. Improved a lot last time out and think ground should still be soft enough.


4.30 Oaks - Ylang Ylang 15/8 just wins. Form, ped, draw, running style all points to it


5.40 - I was keen on both O'Meara horses but changed first pick to Spanish Star 8/1ew. Remember this winning last year and no idea how collared Darkness. Running of 2lb lower and previous race suggests in good form. Rhoscolyn could surely go close, but perhaps given is due to go down -1, will shed some more ready to bolt up at Glorious Goodwood.


7.15 Donny - Sky Warrior 7/1ew




No comments:

Post a Comment