18 points up for Day 1.
Naff day for big handicaps. Last two races are big fields but they are class 3 and class 4 races. i.e. Naff.
1.50 - 9 runners and can make a case for a few of them. You'd expect the KG form to shine through but Hatteen also looks ahead of mark. No bet.
2.25 - No betting opinions as Wild Blossom is fave and best on numbers. No bet
3.00 - Flora of Berumda is top on numbers, but Zanthos is decent. Can make all today. Ignoring last two runs due to draw.
Zanthos 5/1ew
3.35 - Another non handicap but I had Pershaada marked down post Ascot and think has a fave's chance and at 4s happy to play.
Pershaada 4/1
4.10 - No betting opinions. No bet
5.00 - I don't follow formlines for C3 and below so it's much harder for me to assess a field like this. Under The Twilight is best on numbers and nearly won at Glorious Goodwood last year. Worthy fave on paper, but Sir Garfield beat Amazing Journey two races back and Lipsink was close enough to Twilight Calls lto and they bring the best formlines. Born Slippy is dangerously handicapped but first run back and I think better with cut in ground.
Sir Garfield can front run from a good draw and go close and Under the Twilight is best on numbers
Under the Twilight 7/1ew
Sir Garfield 12/1ew
5.40 - You could back many of these with good rationale, and there will be so many plot jobs that you can't see on paper. Bobby Bennu drops in class and should be winning a race like this. Problem I have is this race 90% of the time goes to an exposed horse dropped to a winning mark. Yesterday in haste I did put an ew double with Bobby Bennu and Pershada, but I have to follow trends and numbers Rhoscolyn is best on numbers by a long way, even on GF, but surely needs softer ground? DivineLibra second best on numbers. The Fingal Raven is on my tracker and I think is going to win soon, but not sure in right form atm. The Liffy went from 98 to 86 and now won 4 of last 5 races and clearly a stinky job from a good draw. Goldmoyne brings the best c3 form here and with prominent racing style can go close. Pelitory ties in with this formline but will stick with Gold due to draw.
Divine Libra 20/1ew.
Goldmoyne 9/1ew
No comments:
Post a Comment