Tuesday 6 November 2012

Bets 06/11/2012

So, I've finally updated the P&L. Ouch. At one point in the bog I lost £1.2k in just a few days! Anyway, I just hope I learn to sack of punting during the season transition. Stupidly I had the most singles bets on any day I've ever had on the one weekend I really shouldn't have bet a penny. Train wreck.

Exeter 2.20 – Landscape. Nicholls runs Exeter and between him and Hobbsy they've won this race 9/10 years as has the race favourite.

Exeter 2.50 – Cue Card 11/10 always disappoints me when I back him, but has an awesome chance here. The start of the season is tough for many reasons but one of them is we just don’t know how much these horses have improved over the summer.

Exeter 3.20 – Massive shock if Hinterland 4/9 loses this one

Melbourne Cup  - I backed Mount Athos @ 16/1 and I backed him again today @ 11/2. He has seen off our best younger stayers with ease this year and that form was franked at Longchamp. The big boys are back from last year – Dunaden (9lbs heavier), Red Cadeaux (4lb heavier) and Amercain (same weight), which means technically it’s Amercains 6/1 especially within champion jockyey onboard? I’m just really fixed on Mount Athos. Even if you use Brown Panther and Danedream as markers, Mount Athos beats Dunaden by 10 odd lengths. Decent draw, decent jockey, fingers crossed. I need this one!

Segal has back Weld’s Galileo’s Choice 15/1 and if you fancy an outsider then although the draw makes it tough, Zabeelionaire 40/1 will love the step up and gets a decent pull against Dunaden this time.

Total Staked £270.00, Total Returned £138.00

£15.00 e/w Galileos Choice 6/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Amercain 12/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Mont Athos 16/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Zabeelionaire 33/1 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 Landscape 6/4 - WIN £75.00
£60.00 Hinterland 2/5 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 Cue Card 11/10 - WIN £63.00
£30.00 Treble N/A - LOSE £0.00

2 comments:

  1. Nooo! I had already picked these 3 and placed a nice treble bet. I saw your blog and thought brilliant we agree so did another treble. When the 1st two went in, very easily, I thought here we go. But no, 2/5 Hinterland disappointing, the winner was impressive I thought but I was still very gutted. That was to be a handsome bumper pay day and the bookies once again come up trumps. 2/5 shot get beat? Terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I'm not putting short odds in my accs anymore. FACT.

      Delete