Wednesday 15 June 2022

Bets 16.06.2022 - Royal Ascot Day 3

2.30 Norfolk - Have Brave Nation 16/1ew Antepost. Not sure can win this though as since backed it a few more decent ones have popped up. At beginning fo week Walbank was my idea of a winner. was 7/2 at the time. Only 2/1 now. Doh. Top speed, top RPR. Pillow Talk a close second. Cripsy Cat has to place just looking at the form of Blackbeard and Maria Branwell but has SDS onboard which at Ascot don't think is a good thing.

Walbank 2/1

Brave Nation 16/1ew Antepost


3.05 King George - Tough. Post Impressionists defeat was key to picking yesterdays winner Elder and I wasn't massively taken by PI's performance so I can't taken it even if form now franked. Secret State well backed and can see why but has to prove it stays. Nefoundland was a lost Derby AP bet so peeved if wins but AOB horse just not going. Mandobi for me has a live ew. Penultimate race form working out well, proven stayer, and it's last race leaves it on a workable handicap mark. Market doesn't like it, but I do. Savvy Knight potentially well handicapped too but draw may not hlep.


Mandobi 14/1ew

Savvy Knight 22/1ew


3.40 Ribblesdale - Oaks formlines to play with. When Maical Lagoon nearly beat Concert Hall, CH wasn't fully wound up. Life of Dream was 5 lengths of Emily J in the Musi and no gaurantee LoD will improve as much. Naswha ran marginally better in the Oaks than the trial at NEwbury and if you watch that race, Mukaddamah was cruising alongside Nashwa and when Nashwa went Crowley did nothing until too late and then simply kept Muky up without giving hard time. For me Muky is the pick

Mukaddamah 15/2


4.20 Gold Cup - I was fuming Princess Zoe won Sarago as I was hoping for a decent price for this race. 2nd last year and is a horse 5 or 6lbs better. Either way I backed it few days back at 8/1. Kyprios would have been my pick but again AOB needs to show is form. I love the Strad but surely too old now...? To be fair PZoe is 7 so not sure my logic makes total sense.


Princess Zoe 8/1ew Antepost


5.00 Britannia - I looked through this few days ago and backed Thesis and Seb Marrib. Thesis looks really well handicapped. Was travelling all over My Prospero at Newburty before maybe idling without something to aim at. Moore is back onboard so hopefully knows the horse well enough to time the run. The other Seb Marrib bit speccy as last race was bad, but two races before are strong markers that horse is well handicapped.

Thesis 20/1ew

Seb Marrinb 50/1ew

Backed bothe few days back but prices are still there. In fact Marribb is 66/1 now....I'd probably cash out if I could and back something else like... Wannees 6/1


5.35 Hampton - Reach for The Moon - Another Antepost Derby NR for me. Can;t see it losing but can;t back at 4/9/ Rather have a punt 33/1 for the Eclipse. If wins well will go there surely.


6.10 Buckingham - Minefiled. Keeping it simple. Vafortino C&D winner who won with plenty in hand last time out. Up a fair bit but it's deserved. Might look for more tomorrow. Adding Dance Fever based on handicap over C&D in Moet behind Danyah


Varfotino 10/1ew

Dance Fever 22/1ew

No comments:

Post a Comment