Thursday 24 January 2013

Bets 24/01/2013

A few days off thanks to the white stuff. Meydan and Gowran Park to hopefully warm us up today. It’s freaking freezing.

Gowran Park 2.25 – Fats, Desai Jnr and OR all say Bog Warrior to beat Zaidpour. I’m not fully convinced and Zaidpour did win this last year, but I was a big Bog Warrior fan last year, despite never winning me any money and he won oh so easily last time out and if the handicapper has it right then it is Bog Warrior to beat Zaidpour.

Gowran Park 2.55 – Barneys Honour 2/1 won me a solid bet @ 4/1 a couple of weeks ago and pretty sure he did it in a canter. A steep rise and jockey change doesn’t make me overly comfortable but Elliot may have found the button to this horse

Gowran Park 3.25 – Outlaw Pete 7/1 also won me a solid bet @ 6/1 before Xmas and think has a decent chance again. Segal has tipped him today too. The Westerner Boy 7/1 looks well handicapped and jockey booking is interesting. Panther Claw 9/1 is Segal’s other bet but is tentative in my book as had a fairly tough race last time out and was only eased because closest contender who had every change fell close to home. Sole Witness 14/1 and Belle Brook 16/1 have enough in the formbook to go close here as doesn’t look the strongest field, but Outlaw Pete and The Westerner Boy have to be the ones to be on.

Meydan 2.30 – I’m only going with one horse a race and I may well p1$s myself off but Meydan will no doubt cost me a lot of money otherwise. Bay Willow has won many races here over C&D and hacked up last time out although was a very slow race time. The one I like is Jardim 12/1. His last two races over C&D say it all in similar class races.

Meydan 3.05 – Burano 7/1 (w/o the fav) might need this run but has run well fresh before. Backed Mushreq last time out and hope doesn’t win this as would be next punt. Masteroftherolls is the obvious favourite and likely winner hence punting without.

Meydan 3.40 – Jamr 5/2 notched up multiple wins over C&D and challenge will be mark but good chance.

Meydan 4.15 – Ballista is interesting but not proven here so have to pass over despite looking solid at home. Hitchens looks like the winner but again I fancy a long shot in Garbah 12/1 (w/o fav). Has hacked up over C&D, has a good draw and gets a decent sex allowance

Meydan 4.50 – Might be unwise to take on the hot favourite Sajjhaa as the form against Izzi Top is solid, but at odds on with a drop in 2 furlongs makes sense to take a chance on First City 7/1 who won this last year.

Meydan 5.25 – Big handicap, but Don’t Call Me is part of a formline that has won me 800 odd quid with Le Draakar and Tamaathul

Total Staked £480.00, Total Returned £436.90
£15.00 e/w Belle Brook 16/1 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 Jamr 5/2 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 Don't Call Me 10/3 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 The Westerner Boy 15/2 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w First City 13/2 - PLACED £34.50
£30.00 e/w Doubles, Trebles and Accs N/A - PLACED £63.25
£15.00 e/w Burano (w/o Fav) 7/1 - WIN £156.00
£30.00 Barney's Honour 2/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Sole Witness 14/1 - PLACED £75.00
£15.00 e/w Jardim 12/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Garhab 12/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Doubles, Trebles and Accs N/A - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Outlaw Pete 7/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Panther Claw 7/1 - PLACED £48.75
£30.00 Bog, Zaidpour forecast N/A - WIN £59.40

5 comments:

  1. Hi mate, I agree with your Irish comments and gone heavy on a some multi's with them. I'm going to have a play with your Meydan write ups today too, I hope I catch you on a good day! Good luck, Al.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hold no liability! :)

    Glad the Bog/Zaid forecast came in and I knew this would happen... Bay Willow won, but didn't back it as decided to stick with one horse! Oh well. I've hit a few decent winners at Meydan before, but it's uber hit and miss.

    Good luck indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. The 3.05 worked out exactly as I planned it :) If only I backed the Exacta. Paid £48.00! Damnit, will have to settle for 7/1! :(

      Delete
    2. Ha ha fair play, great shout. My bookie doesn't offer w/out the fav and I had yours e/w and was hoping he was gonna get there but not quite! Drifted to 12s so not too bad a return. Shame Barney ran out of puff, not a great jump at the last like his last race but no chance with the winner. Outlaw Pete didn't really fancy the game today I don't think!

      Delete
    3. Paddy Power pretty much always do betting without the favourite and they do BPG so worth having an account with them as well!

      Delete