Thursday 23 January 2014

Week 3 Dubai Carnival Review

Jesus. Forget UK racing. Meydan has always been a good hunting ground and yesterday could have been one of those days I cleaned up. The picks were brilliant but the staking was terrible.

Race 1 - Jamesie was not overly difficult to pick. Was still happy with my choice of Masamah. Finished a decent 3rd. The other pick was useless and I should know better then to pick random horses with little form.

£20 Masamah 8/1 - Placed £3rd, returned £0
£20 Alraihan 7/1 - returned £0

Race 2 - Boom. Certerach won. I went through every horse in that race and it paid off! Excellent Result did okayand will come on with experience. The most horrible thing about this is that I wrote "On paper Certerach 12/1 just beats Topclas". Guess bloody what. Exactly that happened, and the forecast was 160/1!!!!!! Argh

£20 Excellent Result 9/2 - Placed 4th - returned £0
£20 Certerach 12/1 - Win, Returned £260

Race 3 - I really thought I was going to land a 25/1 winner in this. Was a decent enough 3rd place. I wouldn't have picked the winner out and reckon he'll probably win again soon. Free Wheeling was on my short list but again happy with my original pick. 

£10 e/w Derbass 16/1 & £20 Bertiwhittle 9/1 - Returned £0
£10 e/w Capital Attraction 25/1 - Placed 3rd - Returned £72.50

Race 4 - This totally pi$$ed me off. The jockey went way to bloody soon. He won't be a big price next time and this cost me £3,700 as it broke my each way acc! SOB! He should have won, but all I needed was a place.

£10 e/w Plantegenant 14/1 - Placed 4th - Returned £0

Race 5 - This was really unlucky. Mshawish would have won this had he not been trapped in for so long. Very annoying. Even more annoyingly I had the winner on my shortlist.

£20 Mshawish 8/1 - Placed 2nd - Returned £0

Race 6 - I got 1st and 2nd in this but again no forecast! Argh.

£20 Gabrial 11/2 - Win, Returned £130
£20 El Estundoso 8/1 - Placed 2nd - Returned £0

So the singles stacked up as:
£220 staked and £460 returned. So happish.

BUT, for those of you who've seen my mental reverse forecasting and crazy accs you'll be disgusted to know that:
1) I didn't do any £5 reverse forecasts. 160/1 in race 2 and 30/1 in race 6, so nearly £1,000 lost
2) I only bet 25p lines instead of usual £2.50 lines. I hit 5 out of 6 so reckon lost out on another £3,500

Had that German jockey not gone too soon on Plantegent and finished 3rd and not 4th the £2.50 ew acc would have paid £3,700. 

Clearly this is all I could have jockey should have and it didn't happen....

Anyway the good news is I'm picking big priced horses in 14 - 16 runner races that are winning /getting very close to winning. Bring on next Thursday.....






1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the great information you havr provided! You have touched on crucuial points!
    Bookmakers Review

    ReplyDelete