Tuesday 16 June 2015

Bets 16/06/2015 - Royal Ascot Day 1

If I do anywhere near as well as last year at Ascot will be a happy boy. Problem is this year is work has engulfed my life so I'm not as informed but I still feel well up for it and I'm finally going to be bowling around the royal enclosure.

Tom Pricewise Segal has tipped 7 today which is an awful lot for him. Another bag full of losers at the weekend so hope he bounces back as is costing me hundreds.....

3.05 Ascot - Air Force Blue 9/1
3.40 Ascot - G Force 12/1, Meccas Angel 8/1
5.00 Ascot - Broxbourne 14/1, Noble Silk 25/1
5.35 Ascot - Areen 20/1, Steady Pace 8/1

Right time to make some moooooolah.

Ascot 2.30 - I still can't believe Night of Thunder won the guineas last year. Could argue Kingman wasn't at best and AOB's horses (Australia) are rarely in full gear at beginning of season and was put in place by Kingman here last year. I'm not writing off but I can't back against Able Friend or Solow.

Able Friend looks incredible overseas but I'm not taking a punt on him handling the surface as that's the real gamble. Therefore Solow 6/4 is the pick. There are no front runners here so Solow's turn of foot will merk them. If Hannon has put Toomore to make the pace and set it up for NOT and this turns to a fierce sprint I'm worried for Solow and despite what I wrote above NOT might do it.

Ascot 3.05 - Buranito looks pretty good, but has been readily brushed aside a couple of times so tentatively pass over. I just can't see passed the first 3 in the market. Round Two, Finnegan and Air Force Blue. Air Force Blue 9/1 is definitely worthy of a bet. The form has worked out very well and AOB knows how to win this.

The problem is I want to be on Finnegan 7/1 and Round Two 5/2 as well which is totally pointless.

Seen a few videos of Finnegan and this horse is quick bruv, but it's impossible to assess the form. Wesley Ward's horse are one of only a few international stables I will pay attention too and he is pretty upbeat about this one.

Everyone is shouting Round Two, unbeaten and impossible to ignore. I'm sitting on the fence with this one, but I think the tricast is on.


Ascot 3.40 - I think the pace is going to come from the middle with Stepper Point and Take Cover

I was pretty peeved with Hot Streak last time. Cost me thousands in a broken accumulator but why the hell is he 33/1! Having watched the Temple Stakes back one horse should have won and I think Hanagan bodged it. Wind Fire 25/1 e/w is massive. Loves Ascot and given a better ride today will go really close. I'm having a small bet on Hot Streak 33/1 e/w in case bounces back.

Jack Dexter is not out of this race but I think it's going to be too quick ad same for Mecca's Angel. Muthmir has a solid chance but for some reason I'm not convinced. I don't think Pearl Secret can win this despite the Temple win.

Sole Power 4/1 is just pure class and shows it time and time again and luck is the only thing than can really stop him as long as he is fit today :)


Ascot 4.20 - I'm sure everyone thinks Gleneagles will win. But at 4/6 I'm going to have a punt on Consort 13/2 e/w. If he comes second it's not far away from what I'd get on betting on Gleneagles. GE is already rated 122. Kingman was 126 and I've not heard, but maybe I've missed it, anyone claim GE is as good so can there be any improvement?

On the other hand Consort is two races in. I had a goof bet on him last time and boy did he look good. I think he's rated 112 after last race and no reason why after on 3rd race can't improve enough to go close


Ascot 5.00 - This is too hard for me. I backed Ray Ward last year. Everyone is saying was really unlucky. Up 3lb and I'm not sure I can back today. I prefer jumps horses and the two today are both Hendo horses. Hurrican Higgins 20/1 and Broxbourne 12/1. Both huge changes at the weights and in good form. Don't worry about the wide draw. Means not as much as people say. Just look at last couple years....

Of the Mullins lot think Digenta 10/1 is the best on this ground

Ascot 5.35 - Ruby Notion 10/1 is too big and is Opal Tiara 22/1. Ruby Notion another Ward horse and another one Ward is pretty bullish about. Opal Tiara just simply has the best form. I think Easton Angel will go close to winning tomorro

Thirsk 5.20 - Bella Nostalgia Evs form is so solid

Beverley 7.15 - Dark Red 5/2


Wind Fire/Opel Tiara 400/1 e/w double is exciting :)

And clearly just like everyone else a bet inlcluding all the faves - Sole Power, Gleneagles, Ray Ward, Solow and Round Two


No comments:

Post a Comment