Tuesday 15 June 2021

Bets 15/06/2021

Not had a good prep run for Ascot this year. It's nearly midnight and only really started looking!

2.30 Queen Anne - The only neg for Palace Pier is the draw here. 5lbs clear should win. Can't back it at these odds though. With only 3 places each way I'm not looking for a play but Accidental Agent 100/1 ew might be interesting :)

---

3.05 Coventry - I had a look at this late last week and was looking for betting angles. I was in shock to see Tolstoy at 20/1. Now it's 15/2 in places. The Acropolis, Angel Blue, Tolstoy, Cattura and Ebro River all had huge price variations which may mean something or not?

I back The Acroplois Antepost 10/1 but I'm not overly fussed now. Whilst I love Churchill his crop have't yet set the world alight. Dhahab produced a 92 RPR on debut which is something and has been smashed in the betting. Tolstoy pedigree is to die for an Dettori onboard. and Gisburn just looked utter class last time out.

Given ow well Gisburn looked I'b be disappointed if couldn't be placed at least.

*Gisburn 6/1ew
The Acroploysis 10/1ew (ANTEPOST)
Tolstoy, Dhabab (for ew accas)

---

3.40 Kings Stand - Many are trying to tak on Battash, When I backed him Antepost I wasn't aware his injure was ' serious'. Thought was a small set back. I still think is the one to beat, but of course have some reservations now.

Oxted wrong disctance. Winter POwer has to prove at this level. Extravegent Kid loves decent but did only beat what is had to at Meydan and Final SOng didn't uphold the form ( I backed it, so I know :))

Maven is an interesting outsider so one for an ew acca.

*Battash 3/1 (ANTEPOST)
Maven (for ew accas)


4.20 St James Palace

I have Battleground this is an awfully hard race and given a tongue tie has been applied I'm not convinced now. Wembley on papaer based on last year is a crazy price, but has a lot to prove now. I keep watching the guineas over and over and I've convinced myslef now that Chindit can reverse the form with Vega and Flare.

*Chindit 7/1ew

5.00 Ascot Stakes - There are a bunch of Irish raiders who I'm struggling with. Most look decent with cut in the ground but they won't get that. Instead my pick from lasdt year Rochester House gets the vote. SBS cannot and I hope not let RH get too far held up. I think well handicapped and we know goes on C&D.

*Rochester House 18/1ew (7 places)


5.35 Wolferton - 

*Solid Stone 11/2ew

6.10 Copper Horse - Sadlier could and maybe will rout the field. G1 hurlder on a decent mark, but it alwasy should have won the race it did last time out and I think at a bigger price, Brilliant Light could be worth a crack. If reproduces it's Nad Al Sheba G3 form can win this!

*Brilliant Light 14/1ew




No comments:

Post a Comment