Monday 9 July 2012

Week 21: Update on Ban Jay Desai

Initial Pot: £1500.00. Total Staked: £26,435.92, Total Returned: £31,576.48  = Profit: £5,140.56

Can I get banned by another bookmakers? Yes, I can. Am I close? No, I am not. I’m torn between trying to make cash and completing this mission properly. I’ve made 5 grand profit in under 5 months. Ecstatic! Who wouldn’t be? Problem for this feat, is that it is profit and loss scattered across 12 difference bookies ranging from -£384.95 to £2796.13. It’s not the same hardcore Coral smashing I was embroiled in last year. However, it was easy with Coral. They would price match anything and everything as a VIP customer so I had no need scan oddschecker to maximise profits. I don’t have that luxury now.  I will have to suck it up if I’m to achieve this and put profit maximisation second. It’s a tough ask as greed lies inherently deep in me when it comes to punting. This needs to be about making one bookie realise I know more than their average punter and their pockets will ebb cash into my bank if they don’t take any action. You’ll notice that I’ve started spanking 3 figures again here and there and this is the first step.

I’ve sacked off my golden rule about consistent staking. Not interested. Don’t need it. I don’t think?! Will see how I get on. All good so far. Did a bit of analysis on my bets. My biggest profits are coming from the 5/2 -100/30 range and 12/1 shots. My biggest loses come from the 20/1 department. Not picked one winner! I’m also not hitting the logical button on my accumulators, so need to think about those.

On the racing front, Hayley Turner rode an exceptional race on Caledonian Lady. I was in awe. Gosden is my number one hero at the moment. I can’t believe I wrote Nathanial off but I also can’t believe the bookies are still paying out good odds on his boys and girls, not that I’m complaining. He could mop up at Newmarket. Godolphin are on their way back and are gearing up for what looks like an explosive end of season romp, so watch out. I put an each way double on Newfangled and Dawn Approach for 1k and 2k respectively next year. 3 year olds continue to confuse things and ground is main cause of this (I think). Looking forward to seeing Bated Breath run again next weekend but also Elusive Kate.






No comments:

Post a Comment