Friday 14 December 2012

Bets 14/12/2012

Still punching myself for missing all of last weekend’s racing. Was my birthday and I got a little carried away! Whoops. Cheltenham today. I heart Fridays like this!

Cheltenham 12.15 – Wow. This is going to be a cracker of a race. I’ve backed Broadbackbob 5/4 but I have to say having done it, it might be a bad choice at the price. Super Duty will have a cracking chance with a 5 length headstart looking at the Poungach form. Hildisvini won’t be a push over as being Well Regarded is a solid yardstick. And can’t really rule out Rebel Rebellion either although he looked to struggle to the hill a bit. BBB is a very decent horse, don’t get me wrong, he gets ups the hill, he has solid form and Henderson won this last year. It’s just the price is skinny with the competition around him!

Cheltenham 12.45 – Lexicon Lad 9/1 will be more race fit now and is on a very good mark and goes well here

Cheltenham 1.20 – Big field and I’m looking straight towards the top of the market. Dark Lover 11/2 goes very well here, back down in class and the form looks pretty strong compared to the rest of this lot. There a number of others I like in this including Tom Du Lys 8/1.

Cheltenham 1.55 – To win a race like this off top weight will take some effort but I reckon Midnight Chase 4/1 can pull it off. Tough horse decent form but will have to be 100%. If not Bradley who has been unlucky has a great shout but am hoping the step back in trip is against him.

Cheltenham 2.30 – Outlaw Pete 6/1 gets over 20 lengths headstart with a claimer on Uncle Junior this time so I’m backing him to reverse the placings, although I think I will be gutted I didn’t take 3/1 on Uncle Junior. Hmm. He has beaten Arabella Boy of similar weight before too. Maljimar 9/1 w/o Uncle Junior is an interesting price. Most would argue is on the decline and on paper yes he is, although I think this is a step down in class and he is 14lb lower then when 2nd in this race couple years back so has a shout.

Cheltenham 3.05 – Saint Roque 6/1. I’ve had a look at his previous race and reckon he would have hacked up if not brought down by the late Ambrose Princess. Tom Pricewise Segal has gone for this too. At a big price Kayf Aramis 33/1 gets into his stride at this time of year so his 2nd here in January of 4lb higher means the price is tasty! I really want to back Monetary Fund too, but I reckon it might just get beat up the hill again.

Total Staked £330.00, Total Returned £335.63
£30.00 Broadbackbob 6/5 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Dark Lover 11/2 - WIN £133.13
£15.00 e/w Maljimar 9/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Lexicon Lad 9/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Tom Du Lys 8/1 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 Midnight Chase 7/2 - NR £30.00
£15.00 e/w Outlaw Pete 6/1 - WIN £142.50
£15.00 e/w Saint Roque 5/1 - NR £30.00
£15.00 e/w Kayf Aramis 33/1 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 e/w Accumulators N/A - LOSE £0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment