Friday 14 February 2014

Bets 14/02/2014 & Meydan Update

Lingfield 4.15 - Waving 6/4. He has won handicaps on 70 previously and with the decent claimer is only on 52. He destroyed two pretty weak fields, but no reason why can't again today. Seems to be money for Grand Gold, but whenever I read 'check the market', it always appears that money comes in but they are total flops. Bookie Trap I reckon. Either way, on paper I'd still back Waving. Bert and Hail come back in trip which I don;t think they will appreciate.

Right Meydan review from yesterday:

Race 1 - I got the bets all wrong, but taking the positives, I wrote Shanshaawes could be decent, but until proven on Tapeta I can't back him. It backfired but I won't change my policy on this. Plantagent and Busker were awful and I have no obvious excuses. I think Winterlude is still one to keep onside. I did give mentions to Engerie Davos and Start Right who finished 3rd and 4th. So although lost 3 bets was still sort of okay.

Race 2 - Again my Tapeta decision back fired as Long John romped home. Safety Check was 2nd for a long way but had no chance trying to keep up with Long John.

Race 3 - I did look at the winner but hard to assess if was handicapped well or not. Forjatt would have been a nice each way in hindsight but Gabrial had to jinx in final stretch and that cost him. Coming through a big field will never be easy and as I wrote if you do, then you want someone like Spencer onboard like last time. I think he would have won with a clearer passage.

Race  4 - For the 3rd time my Tapeta policy backfired and the favourite won easily. Good news is I picked the 12/1 second and 20/1 third so can't be too disappointed.

Race 5 - United Colour got merked on the rail. I''m convinced he would have won otherwise.

Race 6 - I nearly landed a 832/1 tricast here. Songcraft 10/1 1st, Meandre 10/1 2nd and Topclas 12/1 a length away in 5th.

So I knew those favourites were decent, I called it, but I have a until proven on Tapeta policy which has generally worked well. I got a bit unlucky with Gabrial and massively unlucky with United Colour and the last race was close to a huge payout. So all in all, although slightly down was not far off the mark at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment