Tuesday 29 May 2012

Week 15: Update on Ban Jay Desai

Initial Pot: £1500.00. Total Staked: £19,585.34, Total Returned: £23,927.51  = Profit: £4,342.17

Despite £120 in the bank this week, that sense of hindsight frustration has bestowed itself upon me again.
  • Why did I go 50p each way on my big trebles bet instead of £1 trebles? Imagine at the time having a 28/1, 20/1 and 16/1 in there it made sense?
  • Why did I not put Power or Jet Away into the big trebles bet? I was scared of Trumpet Major and Fiorente
  • Why did I lay Bonfire at 7s knowing full well it would shorten further? I was scared might be a non-runner
  • Why didn’t I lump onto La Estrella or Bated Breath? I just have no conviction sometimes, but have been burnt with lump jobs before so was sensible
  • Why do I still follow Tom Segal’s bets? Loyalty and FOMO..
Glad I did that. Regretful feelings now out of my system. I’m in Spain this week so limited punting, but I’m already set for the Derby. If Camelot wins, which looking at the field, he must have a solid chance, I win over £500, but if he loses, £50. So it’s win, win now. How? Well, had a £100 double on Camelot and Frankel which will return £240 and a £10 treble on Bated Breath, Power and Camelot which will return £440. On the flip side I back Born to Sea @ 20/1 and Bonfire @ 25/1 on Betfair and smoothly laid Bonfire at 7/1 and have now laid Camelot as well so a win-win job. Clearly I hope Camelot wins.

Right off to the pool!


No comments:

Post a Comment