Thursday 7 February 2013

Bets 07/02/2013

Ouch. Whitewash yesterday. 8 races, no return. Buggereeno. Staying away from Class 4 and below as it merked me yesterday. Can Meydan rescue me today?

Clonmel 3.40 – Call The Police Evs based on last time out of every horse on the card. With the form I’m in over jumps no doubt something will bounce back and win! Grr

Doncaster 2.30 – Wings Of Smoke 7/2 has rock solid form to boast over this distance. The question is more whether he’ll take to Donny.

Doncaster 3.05 – Hada Men 11/2 again has decent form in the book, back down in class and stable still in good form

Doncaster 3.35 – Off The Ground 9/1 has been jumping left, so Donny will suit, back with Dom onboard and must go close based on penultimate race. This is though pretty open with lots of decent form lines.

Huntingdon 3.15 – Although Calculated Risk nailed me a big one, I don’t think the form has worked out that well. If you use Little Dutch Girl as a marker Sky Khan and Angelot Du Berlais should certainly not be bigger in the market. There’s a little bit of money coming in for Brinestine 6/1 for the Triumph so it may be worth taking a chance with this one

Meydan 3.15 – Hard. Layali Al Andalus (Placed). Had a 6lb allowance last time with claimer and that’s about 3 lengths over this distance. Will put in an e/w acc only

Meydan 4.25 – Music chart (Placed). Emotif is meant to be the real deal, so might be a threat. Will put in e/w acc only.

Meydan 5.00 – Sadly folks another tough race. I thought I’d go straight in for Ahzeemah but when you watch the last race the one who was really flashing home was Star Empire 6/1 who escapes a rise unlike Azhy. Again will put in e/w acc only.

Meydan 5.35 – Not getting any easier but this time I’m taking a chance with Surfer 20/1. A lot to like about the progressiveness and ability over C&D. Think has been overlooked by horses with ‘potential’. But the ratings suggest has no chance so is a risk as the price suggests.

Meydan 6.10 – I don’t know whether to stick with Ariete Arrollador or go with a horse I like in Kinglet 17/2. The latter it is. 

Total Staked £330.00, Total Returned £403.50

£30.00 Call The Police Evs - WIN £60.00
£15.00 e/w Hada Men 11/2 - WIN £138.00
£15.00 e/w Off The Ground 9/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Brinestine 6/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Kinglet 17/2 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Surfer 16/1 - PLACED £63.00
£30.00 e/w Accumulators N/A - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Star Empire 6/1 - WIN £142.50
£30.00 Zamdy Man 11/4 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 Wings of Smoke 7/2 - LOSE £0.00

6 comments:

  1. I shed load of money coming in for Zamdy Man for the Triumph which suggests 3/1 in the Huntingdon 3.15 race might be worth a pop. Half bet. Money not always right, but let's see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello mate...how you doing your e/w accas today, just the 3 you have put as e/w acca only? so a treble?
    Just wondering how you go about and pick/place your multi's?

    Also - Kinglet I like too, however does have draw 14 to contend with...which makes me think makes his task harder but the bookies are taking no chances and only offer 8s...Dandy's Dont Call Me owes me some dosh so it's a coin toss for me on them 2, reverse f/cast maybe?

    Good luck today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinglet yes wide draw, but likes to settle in behind anyway. Backed Don't Call Me last time, I think, but this time would have to trust that goes on Tapeta

    Accs - 1) e/w acc with all meydan picks, 2) e/w acc with hunt and donny picks 3) e/w acc with surfer, kinglet, wings of smoke & hada men. I nearly did my usual trebles across 6 selections, but trying to go with less accs but higher value!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up backing Star Empire 6/1 anyway but didn't back the first two. Good Luck indeed!

      Delete
    2. Mate so close! Wings of Smoke let me down on one of my acca's and did a patent with Star Empire, Hada Man and SURFER! Almost got the big one, great choices. Mr Meydan was all so close to Sir Meydan...

      Delete
    3. Yep Wings of Smoke broke 2 of my accs! Next time :)

      Delete