Monday 25 February 2013

Bets 25/02/2013

Dear, oh dear. Right refocus session needed! Lessons learned:

1) Don't freaking lump on short price favourites. Maximum bet has to be double bet only. (e.g. Vago Col, Mike De Hag)

2) Don't leverage a day's worth of punting on one horse (e.g. Lac For, Vago Col) - especially when it's hype and not proven. Utterly daft

3) Don't base form on 3 or 4 runners races. They are generally tactical and don't account to much.

4) Change my mind on form lines I thought were solid. Re-programme brain.

5) Don't punt on trainers in bad form. Obvious.

6) Don't put short price favs in accs! (e.g. Puffin Billy). No need

7) If you have a hunch, don't weeny out. No point doing half bets (e.g. Rocky Creek, Far West).

To summarise, don't heavily back or put short odds on horses in accs, keep up to date with proven true form lines and trainers, and finally don't let one horse to make or break your day.

To contradict all of this, I've put a £30 acc on the 1st four favs at Plumpton today, pretty blindly. Will incorporate these lessons learned into Chelts. I  have to. All  I'm really doing is reverting back a few months to how I used to punt. Discipline appears to have deserted me. Come back.

Total Staked £180.00, Total Returned £898.64
£30.00 Accumulator N/A - WIN £868.64
£150.00 Jupiter Rex (Lay) 4/5 - LOSE £30.00

3 comments:

  1. Ha just goes to show. The first 3 favs have rocked in. If teh 8/11 fav rocks in in the next I land £750 odd quid. I'm laying this for a couple hundred now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man - I did the same bet, and laid Rex for £100...clear £700 profit (BOG with Bet365) :-)
    Happy Days! 9 out of 10 favs in the 1st 10 races today....crazy day. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good man. Ditto, except laid £150. Needed that after a horrendous run!:)
      And yes BPG nabbed me an extra £338! :)

      Delete