Saturday 27 April 2013

Bets 27/04/2013

I’m back in the game after nearly 3 weeks! I’ve dabbled over this time but in reality I’ve missed a whole lot of racing. NOT good. On a positive, Bali was immense and cock fighting was huge out there. A lot of breeders and heck of a lot of punters. Made good conversation…

Even though backed 5 horses in one of the Punchestown handicaps was glad to see a 25/1 winner. Saved the rest of my day. I chose not to punt on the rest of the days as the results were not too my understanding. I just don’t get Irish racing form. Typically missed out on Quevega, Hurricane and SDC, but am certain would have taken major losses on other races.

Tom Pricewise Segal from the Racingpost has tapped up a few today:

Sandown 2.40 – Sire De Grugy 11/1
Sandown 3.50 – Away We Go 10/1, Muirhead 20/1

My late night thoughts are as follows:

Sandown 1.40 – Calculated Risk has surprised me since my beautiful double, but I’ve had my fun with him. Hoping little improvement left. I’m hoping Ptit Zig 7/2 fixing jumping up, goes on good ground and improves from a decent run in the Fred Winter. I hope I’m not missing a trick with Lac Sacre who is double the price of his stable mate even though thumped him by 15 lengths couple races ago

Sandown 2.05 – WIDE OPEN. Punt on Vendor 12/1 who has ideal conditions and will hopefully go well fresh again and Black Thunder 9/1 who was going well enough in the Coral Cup get a Harry allowance.

Leicester 3.55 – I rarely call out any bankers and if I do, they are normally Frankels, Caviars, Bucks or Sprinters but never any value in them. Aljamaaheer 6/4 will surely go off at short odds on. Has already won in Listed company and has nearly landed a couple of group races.

Punchestown 5.35 – Paddy Power are paying 5 places on this race. Fahamore 8/1 has formlines all over the place with Abbey Lane and Acapulco.

Will have a lookie at a few more tomorrow morning….

Midday update…A few more to the pot but honestly not much is getting me excited at the races today...

Ripon 2.20 – Bancnuanaheireann 12/1 has a horrendous set of letters to it’s name but looks like the value in the race with the ground looking like it’ll be good. Will be annoyed if Dubai Dynamo wins but not backing it.

Ripon 2.55 – I’m a huge fan of hurdlers switching discipline to flat especially early on in flat season. Last year it worked a treat so I’m looking at the King pair. Manyriverstocross 9/2 is the better hurdler and perhaps on a slightly better mark then Ardlui. I’m concerned he might not have tactical speed at the end but hopefully the ground will help.

Sandown 2.40 – Looks like a cracker. Not keen on these end of season tussles from a betting perspective so stick with Segal on SDG

Sandown 3.15 – Going to let this one go today

Sandown 3.50 – I’m really vexed Segal picked Away We Go 8/1 because the price has been battered. I was looking to back at 25/1 midweek! I had this one lined up for a few days after pulling a rabbit out the hat when I nailed Liberty Counsel @ 66/1. I think it’s decent form

Doncaster 7.45 – Another one with a bizarre name. Sheikhzayedroad 4/1 has decent form and can resume progress.

Haydock 7.30 – Felt had to have a bet in this as there’s a form line I’m tracking in here and the baton is with Tartiflette 8/1.

Total Staked £470.00, Total Returned £823.13


£15.00 e/w Muirhead 16/1 - PLACED £75.00
£15.00 e/w Sire De Grugy 8/1 - WIN £180.00
£30.00 Sheikhzayeroad 4/1 - WIN £150.00
£15.00 e/w Accumulators N/A - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 Aljamaaheer Evs - PLACED £0.00
£15.00 e/w Away We Go 17/2 - PLACED £43.13
£15.00 e/w Bancnuanaheireann 11/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Manyriverstocross 9/2 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Tartiflette 10/1 - WIN £210.00
£80.00 Accumulators N/A - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Vendor 12/1 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 Ptit Zig 9/2 - WIN £165.00
£15.00 e/w Black Thunder 9/1 - LOSE £0.00
£15.00 e/w Fahamore 8/1 - LOSE £0.00

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jay hope honeymoon was good! What's your thoughts on Bancnuanaheireann in 2:20 at Ripon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello mate. I'm on it without even seeing your post :)
      Honeymoon was immense, thanks!

      Delete