Monday 1 April 2013

Bets 01/04/2013

I’m starting to do the right things again, but still doing daft/risk taking things too, so I’m not really going anywhere with profits. I’m certainly not going to be banned by anyone anytime soon. One of the boys kindly pointed out I should change the site to allowjaydesai. Fair play. I’ve done a quick scan on P&L since I’ve last updated and it’s not pretty reading, but I’ll get it updated soon.

There are over 60 races today. No intention of hacking through them all. I have over 60 items on Wedding to do list for next Saturday so need to crack through that. Won’t stop me having a handful of cheeky punts though.

Tom Pricewise Segal from the Racingpost has tipped up a couple today in the Irish Grand National:

Fairyhouse 4.50: Carlingford Lough 14/1 and Home Farm 14/1

Wow, where to start:

I really want to smash into a couple at Fairyhouse, but I’ve just had a stinker in Ireland. Few of them on paper look the best, e.g. Tennis Cap, but they had tough races at Chelts, so I’m just swerving clear.

Fairyhouse 4.50 - The Irish National – Would be rude not to punt in this and although Segal has already punted on too, I’m keen on Panther Claw 12/1. Decent stable, decent enough jockey, decent form, likes the track, ground no problem, distance no issue. Won last time despite taking longest route round (twice). Good chance. And a totally totally wild punt on Liberty Counsel 66/1 based on old form on good ground.

Fakenham Treble – Harry Tricker, Penmore Mill, That’s The Deal (odds 4.32)

Newcastle 4.55 – Bygones of Brid 11/1 has a long absence to overcome but is by far the best in the field and is well handicapped. The favourite drops is trip which is odd so if McLintock who had a winner yesterday has got this one ready to 80% reckon still would win it.

Newcastle 5.25 – Blazing Diva 9/1 should not be this price in comparison to Dingo Bay. At the weights BD can reverse the form but Ryan Mania will need to get the jumping in fluent motion.

Argh, run out of time now, so can’t punt no more!

1 comment:

  1. Missed all the bank holiday racing as I "had to" redecorate the whole house. That is a lot of paint and very boring. And I missed a jay desai irish national special at 66/1. gutted. im in desperate need of a winning streak!

    Well done fella great shout, shame i read this a few days too late! Get back in the grove this week or at the weekend...

    ReplyDelete