Thursday 19 June 2014

Bets 19/06/2014 - Royal Ascot Day 3

Day 3 and it is very much Jay Desai 2 – 0 Bookies. When Field of Dream romped home followed by Chil The Kite I screamed very very loudly as it paid out £2k. With my £500 ew on Integral, a couple of Segal winners and Muteela just hanging on I took £5k. Booya.

Tom Pricewise Segal from the Racingpost has tipped:
2.30 Ascot – To Be Determined 10/1
3.45 Ascot – Bright Approach 8/1
5.00 Ascot – Hunters Creek 22/1, Bilimbi 14/1
5.35 Ascot – Alex My Boy 14/1

I’m heading back to Ascot today, I think for a harder day of betting, but I’m not getting as messy as Tuesday….

2.30 Ascot – Norfolk Stakes – I tried to find something to beat The Great War Evs. I can’t. If you watch the way he won his races on the bridle then you will be very impressed. The fact that Ladbrokes are 8/11 suggests they have had the nod from the Ballydole Camp. 20/1 for the 2KG might be worth snapping up. To Be Determined could be another decent Ward sprinter. Was a suggestion is better than Hootenanny but this is a harder race. Mukhmal looked decent when beating Roudee as has to give weights and make ground from wide stall. Certainly no big bets in this one.

3.05 Ascot – Tercentary Stakes – Think this one is tricky. Ordinarily I go for the top rated horse, but I know Hughes thinks Windshear is Group Class and if Cannock Chase 11/4 can beat a Group Class horse then perhaps he is the one to beat.

3.45 Ascot - Ribblesdale – Inchilla got merked by Taghrooda in The Oaks, and would be incredible if was fully fit for this, so will pass over. Bright Approach has been tipped by Segal, so that is covered. Final Score is interesting but difficult to know how good the form is in Italy. Vazira 3/1 is a G3 winner already. In fact should have got closer to winning a G1 and pedigree says is bred to like fast ground. If this is the case and she has run like that in conditions does not like, she will be hard to beat.

4.25 Ascot – The Gold Cup – Tac De Boistron probably won’t run and is held by Altano on form. I think he could have won this last year if was given a better ride. 6/1 without Leading Light is tempting, but I really think Leading Light 11/8 has this one. Looked class in previous outings. Brown Panther worries me, but I think he might be better on soft.

5.00 Ascot - Britannia – I’ve not cracked the 3 year olds yet, so this is tough for me. Hors De Combat 12/1 looks decent. I think that last race is good and not sure Born in Bombay can turn the tables. Draw might screw him though. Blimbi 14/1 was one I backed heavily and suffered with. I still like him, but Segal has covered him so all good. At a big price Crowdmania 40/1 is tasty. I backed Brazos yesterday and he did outrun his price and this form ties in.

5.35 Ascot – King George – Ah bloody hell, another 3yr old handicap. FFS. No real founded opinion on this one. If Windshear 9/1 is group class then can take this, but Elite Army 8/1 looks decent and Zee Zeely 12/1 has very good form, just a shame Haggas not going so well anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment