Monday 23 June 2014

Bets 23/06/2014

Royal Ascot was as I hoped. 5 days of big profits. I'm obviously annoyed I was too hungover for Saturday as think could have really cleaned up. Segal landed a 16/1 in the first. I knew Arab Dawn was good in the second and like the other Stoute winners this week, lots of money behind the confidence, but opted for the place on Elidor. I've now made all my Derby '13 Antepost money back and some on Telescope. I was so hot on him last year and now injury is out the way, if he gets good ground he has another win on it's way. The owners and trainers of Sole Power opening said back Slade Power all week, but I didn't listen! Baccarat was in my tracker as a big handicap winner with a similar quote from Fahey back in April.. Also that Aetna form line has won me shed loads before, so was annoying didn't see it. And in the final race, sadly we lost Tiger Cliff, but Segal picked the winner.

The draw made a difference all week. It really really did. Actually that cost me Born in Bombay and Baccarat. Silly boy.

Right, waffling over. Back to average racing.....

Windsor 7.40 - Voyageofdiscover 6/4 certainly has a voyage in his last race. He got blocked about 10 times and was so unlucky. Can put that right today.

Windsor 8.10 - A competitive race if all perform to previous peak personal bests, especially Lincoln with that Muteela form. However the favourite, Polybius 11/10 looks like has been let in on a very tempting low handicap mark.

Thirsk 8.20 - Small each way bet on Smalljohn 12/1. Won last race well and hopefully still in good form. Has won here before and looks like has a good draw.



No comments:

Post a Comment