Monday 6 August 2012

Week 25: Update on Ban Jay Desai

Initial Pot: £1500.00. Total Staked: £37,889.10, Total Returned: £52,658.00  = Profit: £14,768.90

In the early parts of this blog, I code named bookies with women out of FHM’s Top 100 sexiest women of 2011. Why? Well, initially it was to avoid giving away the bookie I was targeting, though in hindsight that made no sense and the evolved reason was for the banter. Ordinarily I’d never be able to write ‘I slammed Marrisa Miller today’ or ‘Rosie Huntingdon continues to dish it out to me’, but code names meant I could! All it really meant was I was taking more money from Paddy Power and Bet365 respectively. The combination of similar words also meant the blog was visited by web users looking for some stud farm footage.

I’m sacking off the hot chicks and focusing on business. This week I took a MASSIVE step to being banned by William Hill. They are restricting every bet I make to only returning around £60. Why? Well, of the stonking £8,500 I made this week, Willhill coughed up £7,000. So, I’m now into the final phases of completing this bizarre undertaking; most want to avoid being banned by a bookmaker…

The Goodwood Festival is always littered with bad luck stories and there were plenty again this week. Human greed means, that despite my mini victories I still feel frustrated with some of the results. With the Olympics on I’m not going to spend priceless minutes summarising the week but there are a few things to call out. Johnston is clearly The Glorious Goodwood training hero. Hughes is clearly the Glorious Goodwood jockey hero, although watch out for Darren Egan; bright future ahead of him. The Fugue is now clearly the top middle distance 3yr old filly, and surprised the Arc isn’t on the agenda? Aljamaaheer is definitely one to back next time out. Motivado was worth backing for the Ebor at 20/1, and thankfully I did. And finally, Frankel always has been but further cemented his place as untouchable. There’s a great article in the RP today describing why perfection is not enough for Frankel anymore.

How insanely well are GB doing?! 18 golds. Amazing. And Bolt. Why I ever doubted him! Lightening. Imagine, Frankel (roughly 42.5mph) vs Bolt (roughly 27.3mph) over 200m. Now there’s a gameshow. Human v Horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment