Thursday 17 April 2014

Bets 17/04/2014

Pretty annoyed that jockeys don’t understand the basics of not going off too quickly in sprints on the Rowley Mile. It sets it up perfectly for hold up horses. But, who am I to tell these professionals! Annoyingly I nailed the horses I was really keen on yesterday but didn’t accumulate them. the best of those bets was backing True Story @ 50/1 for the Derby. I can’t get away from favourites today.

1.45 – I called Mind of Madness as the biggest danger yesterday but I didn’t back it. Belle Fille 16/1 is in the same boat, but I am backing this time and looks like is on better side of draw. But no one apart from the stable is really going to have a clue. All the money is for Lacing 10/3

2.20 – Fallen In Line 10/3 – I like the pedigree. Obvs Pivotal produced Farrh and Fallen For You won the coronation stakes

2.55 – I bloody hate O’Brien. I rarely back his winners. However you’d kick yourself for not backing a horse 12lb clear on ratings if it won. Johann Strauss 15/8. Might have a small each way on Observational 16/1 or 15/2 without Sudden Wonder and JS.

3.30 – Segal is having a nightmare patch and he has gone for Hamza. I just don’t see it and for me Aljamaaheer 11/8 is the class act. Everyone seems to be saying Hamza will be hard to peg back. If he front runs my view is, and was yesterday and proved right yesterday, he will weaken and Aljamaaheer will bowl passed to win.

4.05 – Look This is clearly between Be Ready and Toomore, but I’m a massive Toomore Evs fan and he was the top rated 2yr last year. I think Be Readys form has taken a whopping after Somewhat and Barley Mow were useless yesterday.

4.40 – When Tom Segal backs 2 horses in a 9 runner race, quite frankly as much as he is my hero, it feels a bit desperate. He has backed First Mohican and Elkayeed. I get the latter. But for those who follow me you know there’s only one pick for me and that’s Just the Judge 4/1

5.10 – It’s really not worth taking on Gosden at the moment. Eastern Belle 7/4. Wedding Wish 12/1 might be the danger.


5.40 – Another Gosden nag which I will have to put in a Gosden treble, but I really can’t get away from Top Tug 3/1 who beat Toast of New York. Enough said. Laugharne could complete the tricast

No comments:

Post a Comment