Saturday 9 August 2014

Bets 09/08/2014

Ouch. That was the BHA Gods shutting me down for cocky mouth chat about how much money I was making. Oddly the 3 horses I crossed off my list, but decided to put in a treble all won… would you believe it?! Still lost about £750, but would have been far worse.












Tom Pricewise Segal is not having a good time and I’ve ignored him a lot of late, but let’s see how he gets on today:

2.05 Ascot – Bantam 12/1
3.15 Ascot – Swivel 12/1
2.20 Haydock – Salutation 10/1, Lahaag 10/1
2.55 Haydock – Educate 7/1

Right, my turn…..

Ascot – I have backed the best horse in this meeting in so many races, but I make the critical jockey error so will remember this, this year…Just want one big price winner from Ascot today and I’ll be happy as this is a team competition so imagine tactics will play out….

Ascot 12.55 – Move In Time 5/1 has won on softer ground, is a course winner and in seriously hot form.

Ascot 1.30 – I’m hoping the ground is soft enough, but it’s a big hope. If it is Earth Amber 9/1 has a decent chance based on last run looks well handicapped

Ascot 2.05 - Don’t have a strong opinion on this so stick with Segal on Bantam 12/1 who has decent chance for the price.

Ascot 2.40 – Two for Two 10/1 has come into form and ran very well at Goodwood last time and Dark Emerald’s 7/1 form is very very good.

Ascot 3.15 – Segal has gone for Swivel 12/1 and I’ll go for Trip To Paris 6/1

Ascot 3.50 – Golden Steps 6/1 has been running well in decent races.

--

Newmarket has turned soft….

Newmarket 2.30 – Tinghir 5/1 will love the ground and Lanigan landed me shed loads yesterday. Enobled might be danger if handles ground

Newmarket 3.05 – Englishman 7/2 solid course form and form. Might be worth a double with Dark Emerald if that form stands up

Newmarket 3.35 – Winters Moon 7/2 to continue Goodophin domination although Arabian Queen is a G2 winner at the course already!

Newmarket 5.15 – Purple Spectrum 7/4 has won on soft so no ground fears and looks ahead of mark

--

Haydock 1.50 – Squats 4/1 has solid form. P.Alexander is the best horse yes but tough ask off this mark.

Haydock 2.20 – I would have picked Salutation 10/1 as Segal has done and Rye House 8/1 is one I always back even though I know needs soft ground.

Haydock 2.55 – Hillstar 10/3 vs True Story 9/2 for me.

Haydock 3.25 – Wee Jean 10/1 decent form and Psychometry 8/1 potential improver and better than last race

Haydock 4.00 – Provenance 7/4 just over Championship

Haydock 5.05 – Satellite 3/1 looks well ahead of mark

--

Redcar 2.50 – Glorious Sun 13/8 form franked





No comments:

Post a Comment