Friday 17 February 2012

17/02/2012 Bets


Meydan was my playground yesterday. Didn’t have that lovely soft tarmac which would have cushioned the 6 placed horses into 1st, but nevertheless ticked a lot of boxes. Fatthui asked me which bookies I was going to target the other day. That’s a secret (for now). I’m going to code name the bookies at the weekend and will give you an update on where I am with each. Clearly at these stakes I’m a long way off a knock-out punch,  but writing this is really making me think about my bets and the last two days have been positive. Let’s hope, what goes up, stays up. Two days in nothing to cheer about.

Newbury usually ='s The Nicholls/Henderson Show

Newbury 12.10 – I was aroused watching Sprinter Sacre hack up @ Kempton. I’m in all the way with this, but worth bearing in mind Nicholls has won this 5 times in last 7 years. Hold Fast was impressive @ Sandown and I just wonder. French Opera won this last year but surely can’t take on Sprinter with 5lb extra?

Newbury 12.40 - Tom Segal has selected a horse I wish just gets going a bit sooner; Tidal Bay. Nicholls has won this 4 times in 5 years with Tricky Trickster, Noland, Denman and Kauto. All week I’ve been thinking Long Run Long Run Long Run. Looking at the weights I now have a really odd feeling. The last time I saw Long Run giving weight away, over a year ago now, he lost to Little Josh, and that was only a 6lb give.  Convinced The Giant Bolster who scored nicely for me last time does not like Newbury. Burton Port was impressive in the 2010 Hennessey when last seen but you have to take faith in fitness. Chapel House – meh. And then we have Tidal Bay and What a Friend. I’m never going to doubt Tom Segal and I will follow him, but If What A Friend who was 2nd in this last year is prepped I think he can have Long Run. Not a fan of Fergie, but I’m going back his horse.

Newbury 1.15 – I can’t back anything else, as I am already on 3 horses AP. I’m in on Zarkandar @ 6/1 and 4/1 on the nose already. I’m not going to include these bets in my P&L but I’ll track them on here anyway. And I’m on the Segal band wagon with Soldatino and Sire De Grugy both £25 e/w 16/1. I had my eye on SDG after noticing his 11l destruction of Empire Levant and the fact Moore has won this race 2 times in last 4 years. Bit annoyed when Segal crashed the price, but I can’t stay mad at him! I’m not going to look anymore, else I will back something else and Darlan could be class.

Newbury 1.50, 2.25, 2.55 – I want to bet I really do, but just can’t. May have a flutter on the Nicholls horse Cedre Bleu. No conviction in this though.

Newbury 3.30 – I’m not usually keen on NHF Races, but I have landed a few beauties. And I’m also keen when Hobbs runs one on the flat. Village Vic no exception, although The Racing Post tells me Gevrey Chambertin is brother to Grands Crus!!!

Sandown 3.50 – Ile De Re – Mightly impressive in last race, just hope progress does not reverse.

Meydan 1.55 – I think Mahbooba will do First City this time. No way Soumillon can leave it that late again. First City is running with an extra 3lb this time round as well.

William Hill are offering 7/4 on LR and SS to win. Whenever bookies offer stuff like this I always get very wary…

£50.00 Sprinter Sacre 4/7 - WIN £78.57
£5.00 e/w What A Friend 11/2 - LOSE
£10.00 Mahbooba Evs - WIN £20.00
£10.00 Ile De Re 4/7 - WIN £15.71
£10.00 Village Vic 7/2 - PLACED
£5.00 e/w Cedre Bleu 11/2 - LOSE
£5.00 e/w Acc on Above - LOSE

£5.00 e/w Tidal Bay 8/1 (TOM SEGAL) - LOSE

£5.00 e/w Acc Nicholls Tribute: Hold Fast, What A Friend, Zarakandar, Deireadh Re, Cedre Bleu - LOSE

Ante Post:
£25.00 e/w Soldatino 16/1 - LOSE
£25.00 e/w Sire De Grugy 16/1 - PLACED £125.00
£25.00 Zarkandar 6/1 - WIN £175.00
£13.50 Zarkandar 6/1 - WIN £94.50
£10 e/w Zarakandar 4/1 - WIN £70.00

Total Stake £275.00, Total Return £578.78


Disciplined P&L @ 17/02/12:
+£42.86

Reckless P&L @ 17/02/12:
+£65.86

AntePost P&L @ 17/02/12:
+£306.00

I should have asked Ben Symes to write my blog today. A £1.60 bet which returned £65.68. Good man.






No comments:

Post a Comment