Monday 13 February 2012

Why did I start this blog?


11 months ago I was bowling around the Coral box at Cheltenham on Gold Cup Day, amidst the likes of Jeremy Kyle, Lily Allen and Chris Kamara, drink in one hand, betting slip in other, watching Long Run hack up; I was in my element. (Admittedly had £250 on Denman at 10/1)

Two months later, Coral sent me an E-Mail saying that they could no longer accept my business; a decision that was “taken purely for commercial reasons”. This was a victorious moment. I had done Coral over(fractionally)! In the two months post Cheltenham I clocked up about 4k profit and was uber close to that elusive 5 figure accumulator win, with relatively minor stakes. Post glory-basking I realised the worst. No longer would Coral let me abuse their free bars. No longer could I brag about being in VIP boxes. No longer would I have a personal on course bookie. No longer would I be in my element…

I want it back, but I imagine there are only a handful of ways to get to VIP status including knowing someone as I did, getting lucky, being a well-know celeb, or losing copious wads of moolah. I’d lay all of those.

So, this blog is about the pursuit of being banned by another bookie…..


No comments:

Post a Comment