Saturday 28 March 2015

Bets 28/03/2015 - Dubai World Cup

Flat racing all day long today. Brilliant.

Tom Pricewsie Segal from the Racingpost has tipped:

2.35 Doncaster - Lucky Beggar 12/1 as Hills has targeted this race and goes well fresh

3.10 Doncaster - Flow 20/1 as Brown has targeted this race and Yourartisonfire 12/1 who was third in this last year.

3.45 Doncaster - Hillybilly Boy 16/1 who was a big improver last year.

Right lets see how much moolah can make or lose on the opening day of the flat season! First few weeks are always tough whilst formlines make their mark....


1.25 Doncaster - Just The Lord 5/2. Have to love a bit of Bill Turner on the first race of the season. General Alexander has interesting pedigree, but this is not a race to go mental. I'm simply following Bill has he has a good record in this race.

2.00 Doncaster - Tulius 4/6 ought to win comfortably purely just on ratings. A Group 2 winner in a Lister race has no excuses

2.35 Doncaster - Donny is a track that suits certain horses and both Jack Dexter and Aetna should be top of my list. However, when Astaire 3/1 beat Hot Streak and nearly won a G2 at York I thought we have one to follow here. Looked like had problems, but the fact has opened at 3/1 makes me think this horse has had problems corrected. If has improved from 3 to 4 which you would expect he could absolutely bolt up


3.10 Doncaster - Flow has been aimed at the race as Segal said. Yourartisonfire is a horse I've had massive bets on before so glad Segal has picked that one too The draw will no doubt be important so it's an even bigger punt on any of these. Most seem to think middle to high. King Torus 11/1 has dropped to a very tempting mark. Has won here before and goes well fresh. He needs to bounce back but O'Meara will have helped him. Certificate 13/2 could be another Varian hotpot. I wonder if Nicholls has plotted something with Indian Cheif?


3.45 Doncaster - So, which one is the Group horse? Mange All, GM Hopkins or Zarwaan? I did jump on the Mange All bandwagon Antepost 8/1 but actually GM Hopkins 7/1 looked much better than Mange All when they last met.  Has a chance. Belgian Bill 18/1 must have a huge chance. His Meydan form is decent by that virtue he also has race fitness. Is also a C&D winner. Typically I've got so drawn into this handicap I can't not back Gabrial 14/1. Is massively well in on old form

4.20 Doncaster - Ledbury 6/1 has an Irish Derby entry and Hills reckons will go well. King of Normandy 7/4 may well blast him, so perhaps forecast time.


Just warning everyone that I've not followed Meydan at all this year....

Meydan 12.40 - Tamarkuz 6/4 just looks very very good on dirt. Gold City won't turn the tables. Surfer is decent but drawn in the car park. Frankyourfingers is a massive danger, but I tell you what, check out Bradester 13/2 without Tamarkuz. He is rapid.

Meydan 1.15 - I hate Brown Panther. Never get him right. I don't think can win this despite being top rated. I have only just realised Cavalryman had a fatal injury :( I backed Dubday antepost for the Sheema so am annoyed is running i this race. I have to now back Dubday 14/1 as is a potentially very good horse. Mushreq 50/1 is an extremely speculative bet but this race doesn't look that great and he might just find the step up in trip an unlocking trick. Azheemah could bounce back, but an interesting late entry for Marzocco 10/1. It could be Goodolphins best chance and has pretty cound form back home

Meydan 1.55 - Golden Barrows could well bolt up, but I'm not risking this dirt debate. I'm sticking with those proven on this dirt in Meydan. Mubtaahij is worthy favoruite, but I want to be on Maftool 5/1. I think he can beat the favourite again. Is a bigger price because of the extra distance which is an unknown

Meydan 2.30 - Hmm. There will be several of these who blitz, and a wall of horses reeling them in at the finish. Athoug 8/1 is almost certain to place again but he was not too far away from Amber Sky last year and with AS not going to have own way maybe Athoug will finally get in front today.

Meydan 3.05 - United Colour 28/1 is a joke price. Watch this one come flying home. I don't know how good these American dirt horses are and how they will fair. I'm prepared to see how they go this year and learn for next year. Salutos Amigos 4/1 is tempting though

Meydan 3.40 - The Grey Gatsby 5/2 is 10lb clear on ratings and has no excuses

Meydan 4.15 - Designs on Rome 5/1 is a very good horse as is Main Sequence 7/1

Meydan 5.00 - I cannot believe how bigger price both African Story 10/1 and Prince Bishop 16/1 are. Clearly I'm taking the same route as if not proven on Meydan dirt I'll risk you're not as good as on other surfaces. You never know, if may bring out even more improvement!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment