Sunday 1 April 2012

Bets 01/04/2012

Wow-wa-wee-wa. What a day yesterday! From a viewing perspective, nail-biting excitement. From a financial angle, prosperous. From a judgement standpoint, ego boosting. It was horrid to watch the death of Fox Hunt, and was a little disappointing I did not make the most of my commentary, but nevertheless, boom.
  • Unlucky - Segal got unlucky with Captain Bertie. Would have been a nice 8/1 win.
  • Averaged out - Redvers flopped so didn’t back Mia’s boy
  • Lucky – Forgot to back Waffle
  • Gutted – Mill of Killough needed an extra yard
  • Good team work – Fury did well
  • Poor attention to detail – One of my key punting angels is last year’s race performance. Somehow missed Brae Hill. 25/1 goes begging
  • Strong Willpower – Saw Money flooding for Eton Forever but stayed away, although it would have paid placed
  • Beat Segal – Charles Camoin. Had my eye on it, saw the money. Boom. 14/1. Though I did back Reflect as Segal will always be King.
  • Agonisingly close – Purple Knight placed
  • Easy easy – African Story, Opinion Poll, Primaeval
  • Totally wrong – Maritimer, Falls of Lora, Beaten Up, Royal Delta, The Factor
  • Smart – Stayed away from O’Brien horses
  • Genius – Krypton Factor, big win, Capponi, solid place.
  • Good shouts – Joy and Fun, Sole Power
  • Lessons Learnt – GOODOLPHIN RULE MEYDAN – but I knew this.

I ought to be careful today. I remember this time last year I had a mare, but am I more astute a year on?

Donny 1.35 – As above I feel gutted I didn’t acknowledge Brae Hill’s presence in the Lincoln. This time there is Jeer. Won this of 1lb higher last year and won previous race so is in good shape to repeat. There a lot a averages in this race, but there are also some I just can’t work out and anything could pop up at a big price like we saw yesterday.

Donny 2.45 – This is so wide open. Fahey has won this for the last three years so can’t ignore Viva Ronaldo. Bawaardi was a class act back in the day. Is on a silly low mark being a C&D winner with another 5lb claimer. Good place value I think. I’m tempted by Zacynthus, only because I see Mull of K in form line and drop in weight would have brought him close to that. Think the market has seen that as well, but his form takes a leak behind Redvers and Mia’s Boy. The favourite with Fallon onboard must go close. Looked progressive over turf last year.

Donny 3.20 – Segal haw tipped up Desert Law and Crown Choice. He is losing me a lot of money at the moment, but I’ll retain the faith as I know the day I don’t his tips will hack up. Interesting in his blog he said he was tossing up between a few choices yesterday. He picked the loser. I picked the winner. Oh that feels good. Docofthebay is the one that catches my eye. Handicapper is giving him a chance here. Not sure can back anymore, but if Nicholls can work his magic on Swilly Ferry, he is on a lowly mark as is Johannes.

Donny 3.55 – Side Glance can hopefully lower Gosden and Buick’s powerful combination strike rate at Donny.

Donny 4.30 – King Of Hands should have the class to see this field off. Buick better keep up with Eternal Heart though.

Donny 5.05 – All the money is for Attenborough and Goldini.

Donny 5.35 – Defence Council was 22/1 last night. Now 10/1. Hmmm. A horse called April Fool – back for the comedy value? Ha! Although doesn’t have a bad profile! Azrael was 3rd in the race last year and is 10lb lower! Apollo D'Negro is the only other interesting one for me on a feasible mark.

Ascot 2.45 – McCoy broke whip rules on Prince of Pirates to win and he didn’t look a natural jumper. May well be improvement but I’m keen to back Darna. Bit disappointed are two NRs as the prices will now be daft.

Ascot 3.30 – Maybe I’ve got this all wrong, but I think High Samana is a better horse than Lexi’s boy. Clarion Call also has some decent chat next to his name.

Ascot 4.05 – Rumour betting only. Safari Journey.

Ascot 4.40 – Cullahill will go close if this is made a fast race.

Ascot 5.15 – Whispering Jack was 14/1 last night. Now 5/1. Kieran Burke, are you unleashing another Hunt Ball with your magic juice??? Occasionally yours might be on an interesting mark now, but Phare Isle ran well last time so looks good to go again. Lots of others, but have to stop somewhere…

In France 2.50 – Sandy’s charm is too big at 7/1.

Total Staked £725.00, Total Returned £512.33


No comments:

Post a Comment