Wednesday 25 April 2012

Bets 25/04/2012

I mentioned 3 horses in the 4.55 @ Punchestown yesterday. I was hesitant to back Snap Tie purely due to lay off, but it’s not like me to stay away from a horse with that quality, despite a lay off, and previous bets will show that. The most frustrating part is then reading this about the two horses I did pick!!! The complexion of the race changed dramatically when Ceol Rua, who was still travelling well at the time, lost her footing before the turn-in when she clipped heels with the winner. She slightly hampered her chasing stablemate Ballyhaunis, who was in the process of running a decent race following his 406-day absence.”

Trifolium got collared on the flat by a decent Alderwood, Sizing grinded out a victory and Sir Des Champs survived a late scare when nearly fell at the last. I was bailed out by a Fatthui/Desai Sizing Europe/Real Dubh forecast @ 3/1, but I don’t include any syndicate punts in this blog. I stayed away from Segal’s tip but it would have doubled my money. So in all it was a decent forecast of the racing but a financial sham.

Looking ahead to the Bet365 Chase on Saturday @ Sandown I’ve got my eye on Deep Purple. Ran a blinder under Moloney there two races ago and is relatively fresh after not completing last two races. The weather forecast suggests it’s going to rain there over the next few days so the ground will turn up just right. I’ve thrown £15 on Betfair as is floating around 24/1 and maybe lay off, if he is still entered later in the week. No doubt will find out at next declarations he is not running.

Punchestown 4.55 – Sous Les Cieux was one of my strong fancies at Chelts but didn’t pull through. Blinkers on today. Will it do the trick? Hmm. I’m tempted to stay away, although maybe Bridgets Pet can tempt me at 9/1. Looks like the step up will definitely suit?

Epsom 3.55 – Tom Segal has picked out Ittirad. I prefer Dick Doughtywylie. Ha if I removed the last word…. 4 year olds do well in this. As do the favourites. I wonder if Segal’s horse will get battered in. It’s already as low as 5/1 in places when was 10/1 this morning.

Punchestown 6.40 – Tranquil Sea is the class act here, but at top weight may be vunerable? Mullins has a fantastic record in this race and Raptor although looks like he is a tad high in the weights loves it here and will love the ground. One to go close I hope.

Punchestown 5.30 (Gold Cup) – I’ve always been a fan of Rubi Light. I think the trip and ground will suit very well. Quel Esprit has been well supported so may have a saver on the forecast, else all about Rubi for me. A lot of the others will not appreciate the trip or ground. Follow The Plan looks a new horse with Cheekpieces and seems to be forgotten about. He dispatched a lot of good horses at Aintree although was beaten well by Quel Esprit before, but that was without the super pieces! Maybe there’s a tricast lurking in here…


Total Staked £40.00, Total Returned £0.00



£10.00 Bridgets Pet 9/1 - LOSE £0.00
£10.00 Dick Doughtywylie 11/2 - LOSE £0.00
£10.00 Ittirad 10/1 - LOSE £0.00
£10.00 Rubi Light 5/2 - NR £10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment