Sunday 15 April 2012

Bets 15/04/2012

Phenomenal performance from Neptune Collonges yesterday and it really is a big hats of to Nicholls. The form of his horses post Cheltenham has been nothing short of extraordinary and it further emphasises the importance of keeping an eye on trainer form. I didn’t let my uncertainty phase me yesterday and Simonsig, Sprinter Scare and Oscar Whisky all prevailed in a nice treble. The absence of Ruby on Chapoturgen may well have been his downfall. He was cruising but found little to late of the bridle and one wonders whether it was the handler (I do). Re. the national I had 3 big hopes in Ballabriggs, Killyglen and Cappa Bleu. The first came 6th, so if I had have been smart and backed it with BetVictor who paid out 6 places I would have doubled my money (I wasn't so I didn't). Killyglen was scats, but Cappa Bleu was my moment of minor glory and put me in the red. I also went in on On His Own, Shakalakaboomboom, Weird Al and Neptune! I can’t take credit or jeers for any of the 3 latter. Thank you Jess [BIG SMILEY FACE]. Tom Segal Pricewise continues to lose me more money, but again I’ll stand by him!

I can’t help but feel sorry for O’Neill. Sunnyhillboy pipped on the line and Synchronised who was put down. An unlucky tragedy. Also, I saw I how nervous the owner of According To Pete was before the race. Can’t imagine how she felt when he was put down. Condolences.

Away from Aintree, Talwar banished any concerns I had about the AW surface and I called the forecast but didn’t put the bet on. The flat season is really going to kick off now and I’m uber excited. I am very anxious about the prospect of not seeing Frankel run again. I’ve only seen him race 3 times in the flesh, but I want more, I need more!!!

Longchamp 3.10 – Many people will immediately bank on Dabirsim here. I’m not convinced it will be as easy as that. It all depends on who has progressed the most over winter. Sounds obvious but Sofast would have had Dabirsim with a bit further, which is what they have now, plus he’ll have the rail this time if he wants it. Dragon Pulse was closely matched with Power and Parish Hall. So there is no way this is as straight forward.

Leapardstown 2.25 – Lots of unknowns. The only one with match fitness could be good enough; Forester.

Leopardstown 2.55 – I like the look of Akeed Wafi but Furner’s Green has had a run this season and Ladbrokes are short on this. Any O’brien horse Ladbrokes are the shortest on is always a telling sign (well more often than not)

Leopardstown 3.25 – Famous Name has won this two years in a row. It won’t be as easy this year with Sharestan knocking around.

Leopardstown 4.35 – David Livingston would have been my choice had it not been for the market shouting out for Light Heavy. Ladbrokes are again the shortest on the Ballydole horse. Hmmm.

Total Staked £90.00, Total Returned £107.28


£30.00 Furner's Green 4/6 - WIN £50.00
£30.00 David Livingston 7/4 - LOSE £0.00
£30.00 Forester 10/11 - WIN £57.28

No comments:

Post a Comment