Monday 9 April 2012

Week 8: Update on Ban Jay Desai

Total Staked £12,277.03 Total Returned £16,479.36 = Profit £4,202.33 (34.2% Return) 

Finally surpassed £4,000. Next target is £5,000. I have an inaugural feeling that Aintree will be the killer arrow, to this once aloof destination. I am only being restrained by one lady so far and I shredded a few further threads from her on Saturday, but, until I up the ante I can’t see her banishing me from Planet Punting. Seemed a lot easier with Coral, though I was not trying then! This week all revolves around Aintree, but not the big race itself; that’s a lottery.

The Master’s was good fun to watch and my “I know nothing about golf” punting attempts were not the worst bets. Tiger was probably the lamest. Bo Van Pelt scored an unbelievable last round and Hunter Mahan didn’t disgrace. Arsenal’s victory was the highlight outside racing. Saturday though, was another pinch of fine selections. I still can’t believe that a horse which lost by a few lengths to Krypton Factor who won a G1 £774k race @ the Dubai World Cup, ridden by J Murtagh was allowed to go off at 10/1! Well, just glad I did not miss it. Today again, proved the market should not sway your opinion. How could the market not see that the Fourth of June was well handicapped. The drifting price did put a seed of doubt in my write up but I quelled any weed growth. 

My other weakness was exposed today. RacingPost comments. They are just someone’s opinion. I need to get over them. The Irish Grand National winner today was quoted as a "surprise winner". Why? He beat Start Me Up and Four Commanders at level weight in previous race (see below) but I got put off by “No worries about the trip, falls down in plenty of other areas though”. Oh well, lesson learnt.




HORSE/SP
AGE
WGT
TRAINER/JOCKEY
OR
TS
RPR
RATED


1

 Lion Na Bearnai (IRE) 50/1
10
11-3 
108
74
139

Prominent, challenged and on terms when slightly hampered 2 out, soon led, headed and dropped to 3rd run-in, ran on gamely to regain lead near finish


2

¾
 Four Commanders (IRE) 7/2
6
11-3 p
135
73
138

Prominent, slight mistake 4 out, challenged from before last, on terms and every chance run-in, headed near finish (op 9/2)


3

nse
 Start Me Up (IRE) 7/2
8
11-3 
130
73
138

Waited with, slight mistake 3rd, bad mistake 6 out, closed from 4 out, 4th before straight, got to the front under pressure run-in, headed near finish (op 7/2 tchd 4/1)



No comments:

Post a Comment