Wednesday 13 March 2013

Bets 13/03/2013 - Chelts Day 2

It was pretty difficult to focus on punting yesterday with my body in pieces but still pulled it out the bag thanks to a few short price favs and placed big price antepost bets. Mullins is clearly the trainer to follow for the rest of the week and lets follow the money from Ireland. Also should keep remembering previous festival form – Ruby is a freaking hero. Genius.

Tom Pricewise Segal from the RacingPost has gone mental today with bets:

Cheltenham 1.30 - Rose of The Moon 18/1
Cheltenham 4.00 - Un Beau Martin 20/1 and Abbey Lane 9/1
Cheltenham 4.40 - Bordoni 11/1, Flaxen Flare 25/1
Cheltenham 5.15 - Shield 16/1

I'm going to the doctors after which I'll put my punts up.

12.30pm update. It's going to be a hard day....

1.30 – National Hunt – A fairly easy one for me. I’m a big Back In Focus 7/2 (Paddy). Top rated, Mullins is obviously the trainer to keep on side and this horse looks like he’ll stay, stay and stay a bit more. Pipe has a decent horse in Buddy Bolero but this is not a handicap, i.e. a Pipe speciality so is intriguing has lined up. Godsjudgeme cleary has the best British form but back to Back in Focus – he has landed several graded races including a G1.

2.05 – Neptune – I agree that The New One does look decent and I’ve been a fan for a while. I’m just not convinved that he is that special at Cheltenham. I think he looks a much better Aintree horse. I’m not fully convinced by The Chatterbox and we saw yesterday that beating MTOY when going head down, especially when you have 5lb in hand isn’t overally knock out. I might be being harsh which means could lose out on a 12/1 shot but irrelevant of all of this for me this race is and Irish 1-2. Pont Alexandre is subject of another Mullins gamble and I’ve already followed the money from between 2/1 and 13/8. The one to give him the most to think about is Rule The World who looks worth a pop at 7/2 without Pont Al. Segal is all over Tarquin Du Seuil. I can see why but I’m locked in on Pont, Mullins and Ruby

2.40 – RSA – Hmm. Hadrian’s Approach looked like he may well have beaten Unioniste but for a slip up towards the end. However there is no course form. I can’t have Unioniste at the price despite course form as he did get thumped by Dynaste. Have to say taking Dynaste out of this race is very interesting as does Pipe think he has a winner in Goulanes? Although he won here I wasn’t overly convinced and he may well struggle with lack of experience over fences. Mullins looks to have another strong hand with Terminal, but more so Boston Bob 5/1 who was 2nd in Albert last year and looks like he’ll whizz up that hill when he gets going. I also think Houblon Des Obeaux 10/1 who will also fly up that hill. He has decent consistent and could cause the upset. Might hit the reverse forecast button.

3.20 – Queen Mother – Only a brave person would back against Sprinter Sacre 3/10. I’m not betting and I don’t think there’s any value in the winning distances market either as they will give him the easiest race possible to take him to Aintree next month

4.00 – Coral Cup – There are so many in this race I want to back, but I’ll try to limit to 4. The 2 big outsiders first: Orsippus 40/1 is a Grade 1 winner over hurdles, has had 2 decent festival runs and has been given a much easier time in preparation for this race. I reckon there will be a couple of horses better handicapped, but 5 places available and I hope he can squeeze into that space. Any Given Day 40/1. Less keen on this because I’ve never heard of the 7lb claiming jockey, but again has decent form at the festival and 2m5f looks optimum over GS. More realistically Cash And Go 16/1. Can’t believe market is ignoring a Hendo/Gerathy combo. Ran a decent race in the Racing Post Hurdle, but doesn’t have festival form and the other I like is Meister Eckhart 16/1. Does have decent festival form and looks a decent enough weight.

4.40 – Fred Winter – Tough. Am sticking with Segal on this one but may take Caid Du Berlais 25/1 as an outsider

5.15 – Champion Bumper – Again tough and will stick with Segal and the Mullins bandwagon and tap Union Dues 8/1

No comments:

Post a Comment