Friday 22 March 2013

Bets 22/03/2013

The start of the flat season! Woop! Today is a day where I know will be fraught with difficulty, but I’m always willing to take it on….

Doncaster 1.25 – A bunch of unknowns. You’d expect the market to be key and winners of this have generally been single figures. If it does know something then Vodka Time 9/2 (was 12/1 this morning is the one to be one). You can’t bet in this race unless you know something, but that won’t stop me and will probably be my downfall. Mops Angel 22/1, has little on pedigree, but is one of the oldest in the bunch, Appleby is having a good time of things and has a 17% strike rate here. Worth a pop? Probably not.

Doncaster 2.00 – Again, no idea how these have progressed over winter so should not bet, but yet again worth a punt on a course winner who is from the in form Hannon yard; Ronaldinho 9/4. I’d be worried about Arthur’s Secret on ratings with Toronado, but let’s see.

Doncaster 2.30 – Would be pretty disappointed if Model Pupil 4/6 lost this.

Doncaster 3.35 – This will be interesting. Already going to see formlines tested. I like Shahdaroba but this is a tough start to campaign on testing ground and didn’t overly impress at Donny last time. The two I can’t pick between is Annuciation 11/2 and Fortinbrass 9/1. Both had prep runs and both have workable marks.

Doncaster 4.10 – Big open field but sticking with a horse I know and like in Classic Colori 7/1. Decent form, decent mark and has solid course form.

Doncaster 5.20 – Less competitive than the 4.10 (I think). Jack Dexter form lines are definitely something I’ll look out for this season in handicaps, which ought to put Personal Touch in with a decent chance, but on paper not sure 7f is the right trip. Again I’m sticking with a tried, tested and proven horse in Docofthebay 5/1

No comments:

Post a Comment