Friday 26 July 2013

Bets 26/07/2013

Thought would be a strong day après Debdebdeb won, but it was not to be. No more lumping for me. Two ton lost on Sadiq and another ton in accs. Have to say I’m annoyed I didn’t back Majeyda – the Fig Roll form was the best by far! On that note however it stacked up Mars would find either Casey or Scins too hot to handle, so was a decent lay. Someone needs to hit me with a stick to form stick every morning.

Ascot 3.10 – The best horse here, and IMO best handicapped, is Highland Castle but 10 stone is a lot to shoulder. I’ll be peaved if Johnston pulls this one off. This could get tactical if there is not a strong pace and I don’t know who it will suit. However watching Homeric 11/4 run wide round outside of big field over C&D at a quick looking pace means I’m just shading him over Mysterious Man, but the problem is MM is Balding and has solid form with Sun Central. Argh.

Ascot 3.45 – The 3yr old allowance is about a 2 length headstart. That puts Ultrasonic who is top rated represented by Stoute who romps this race and the Producer form is best on show, neck and neck with Auction. Ignore Auction’s last race. Was hampered all over the shot; just Frankie’s luck at the moment. This then in my mind rules out Annecdote who is 4lb worse off with Auction. But, then you hit a problem because Light Up My Life in first time cheekpieces ran 8lb higher in that handicap and finished 4 lengths behind which from a handicap perspective suggests will finish deadheat with Auction today, but still think Auction has the edge. Am praying Dark Orchid doesn’t produce her best 2yr old form else could beat this field in first time headgear. However, the value today has to lie with Falls of Lora. 1mile good is def the right trip. Problem is I can’t work out whether I back Ultasonic 2/1, Auction 4/1 or Falls of Lora 8/1

Thirsk 3.55 – Dusky Queen’s 6/1 had form franked by Sheastar yesterday although I was on Elle Woods annoyingly

Ascot 4.20 – I know I will kick myself for betting in a 4 horse race, but I reckon Senn’ Star Evs can dictate this from the front. Johnston won this last yr with a 3yr old too.

Ascot 4.50 – Shortlisted on too many so may not bet. Best Be Careful won this last year of a much higher mark, but form looks bit off, but surely 16/1 is a tad big??? Gladiatrix and Rowe Park bring the best form to the table, and Irish Boy has a smidgen of a chance with no rise for latest win

York 6.30 – Picture Dealer 11/4, as long as has room will get a quick pace and looks to have another 6lb in hand (at least IMO). Short price for a big handicap so you would have to punt with Mon Brav 9/1. Likes the course and def has a win in him off this mark based on last run over C&D

Newmarket 7.10 – Ever Present 3/1 got done by Xinbama who landed me a decent forecast last time out. Sir Mike might be the forecast with Ever Present today.

York 7.30 – Ordinarily I’d be all over Albasharah and I will be, but not like a rash. Lady’s First as far as I’m concerned has the best form in book and we know goes here at York and there’s no way you can easily write off most of the others

Newmarket 8.10 – Foolish not to stick to a Johnston horse? Sadler’s Risk might well take this from the front, but the boy Jame Doyle can storm home on Villoresi 2/1. Hayley just left it too late twice on him before. I’m just feeling a saver on Sadler. Maybe needed run last time and drop in trip needed? Came 4th in Chester Vase couple years ago when was rated much higher!


York 8.30 - I haven’t backed a long shot in a while so here it is. Mayfield Girl 20/1. I know she was getting a 3 yr old allowance in last race over C&D but look at some of the horses that have come out and won in that race in a similar class today. Handling the track at York is a big deal. Shrimper Roo 14/1 looks tempting for similar reasons over C&D.

1 comment:

  1. ur a legend. u made me do a lump job on picture dealer. i love it when we agree on these things. thanks!

    ReplyDelete