Wednesday 31 July 2013

Bets 31/07/2013 - Glorious Goodwood Day 2

I went a bit OTT yesterday and ended up backing 30 horses. But 4 were winners at 20/1, 20/1, 12/1, 9/2 and 10/1, 25/1, 8/1, 8/1, 7/1, 7/1, 16/1 shots placed too. Good day I say. Shame I still managed to lose £200 on accumulators. Nothing came in.

Tom Pricewise Segal has gone for a few more today:

Goodwood 1.55 – Sohar 16/1
Galway 5.30 – Romanesco 12/1, Muirhead 33/1

This was the day last year I landed 5 races at Goodwood (http://banjaydesai.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/bets-01082012-glorious-goodwood-day-2.html) Segal and I landed Hurricane Higgins at 33/1, Segal landed Sir Graham Wade 14/1 and I landed My Queenie 16/1. I made £8,000. How I could do with a bit of the same today.

Goodwood 1.55 – Feck. Erm. High Office 33/1 looks a daft price. Goes with cut in the ground and was 10 lengths behind horses like Ile De Re and Tominator in decent races. Is now 10lb lower and has been running okay. I guess the price is big because hasn’t raced beyond 2m and not proven on this track. But he def stays on and is def worth a chance. Seaside Sizzler 12/1 is def a better horse with visor on and is in shite hot form. Only a bit higher when 2nd in this race before. I backed Bayond last year and placed, but think might be beyond him today. Lieutneant Millar and Borxborne def have the best chances at the weights in this but I don’t like their draw or price. Johnston’s Good Morning Star probably worth a fiver

Goodwood 2.30 – This is perhaps not as straightforward as it initially looks. I was going to be all over Cap O’Rushes, but then two things happened. One I think was flattered in Irish Derby as was a pacesetter and two have seen Excess Knowledge 7/4 getting cut by a few bookies for the St Leger. Has been hammered in today too. I’m going to be a mug and follow the money.

Goodwood 3.05 – This is a race for 3yr olds so I rule DOW out. Backing against Hannon/Hughes at Goodwood is brave especially as looked so unlucky last time out. However let’s be clear, Dawn Approach 6/5 is the best miler in the world. Simple and class must prevail on these slightly cutting conditions. I just can’t help this nagging feeling that Hughes might win the race, not the horses, Hughes and he calls this his banker of the meeting!!! I’m sticking with DA and perhaps tickling the trifecta – DA/TOR, DOW.

Goodwood 3.40 – Ertijaal looked mighty impressive in his second race and Toormore 7/4 a huge looking horse beat Erti on debut. I fully expect a win here with Hughes. Also Hannon/Hughes have won this with favs last 3 years in a row

Goodwood 4.15 – On pedigree, trainer form and trainer success with first time out 2yr olds – Stars Above Me 16/1. Shouldn’t bet, but it’s Goodwood after all J I seemingly had my head screwed on last year and did not bet in this race.

Goodwood 4.50 – I think Close At Hand 13/2 will laugh at the handicapper on a mark on 76. Firstly look at how highly some the horses in that maiden are rated. Secondly look at the race against Saucy Minx. She flew home, but when level with a few other horses pulled back. Headgear will fix that and did in last race when walked home and Saucy Minx is 7lb higher than Close At Hand today, so tables have to be turned. If Steer By The Stars wins, Johnston better be freaking investigated. Clearly I’m having a fiver on it though. Ribbons has to be respected, but think draw and weight hopefully against her. I hope Jabhaat didn’t run one false race and I think I’d be mad not to have a nibble on Great Timing 4/1

Goodwood 5.25 – Freakaleek – Erm Johannes is tempting on mark and last race. He has won twice at this festival too but surely the old boy can’t pull this off on slower than ideal ground. Askaud in good form and decent over C&D but think 6lb hike just too far above a winnable mark. Espirit De Midas is being smashed in the betting but that is surely because Ivory’s last 4 horses have won. Not convinced the track suits him. Brave Echo might find this hard from that draw as likes to front run so will be tough and think Good Authority probably still better treated. Same for Tidentime. Right 4 left to get through. Hughes is going to pull off some magic with Magic City from this draw and 6/1 is short, but Hughes can navigate round Goodwood so does have a chance. I can’t get my head round Spirit of Sharjah. With such a big crowd is it worth being held up to try and navigate through traffic. I think is a better handicapped horse that My Kingdom but My Kingdom races prominently and has a low draw so traffic less of a problem. Argh. Okay so, I think Good Authority 10/1, My Kingdom 11/1, Spirit of Shar 20/1 and Magic City 6/1 all have chances. I don’t have any more time to mull this over.

Leicester 8.10 – It’s in my tracker Clubland 7/2

No comments:

Post a Comment