Saturday 27 July 2013

Bets 27/07/2013

Only one real winner yesterday! Picture Dealer/Mon Brav forecast 32/1. Kinda saved me from more despair as this comment “I’ll be peaved if Johnston pulls this one off” about Broxbourne did and then Best Be Careful came a close 3rd @ 16/1. A further handful of second places. Just pure frustration. To Mr. Anonymous, glad you are doing well! Let me know when we agree and I’ll double in too!

Tom Pricewise Segal from the Racing Post has tipped up four today:

Ascot 2.40 – Intrigo 10/1
Ascot 3.15 – Loving Spirit 16/1, Hefner 50/1
York 3.30 – Baccarat 12/1


Right, wary of rain and my form so stakes lowered for today:

York 1.50 – I’m going to learn a bit about how individual horses fair with top weight on Maven 8/1. Handicapped well enough to go close but let’s see how goes with 10stone to shoulder

York 2.20 – If Smarty Socks could hear me he’d be livid with me, but the last few times I’ve backed him he has done me proud but at around 8/1. But, today at the prices I have to be with Sirius Prospect. Back to handicapping, has been running to his mark and he’s won here at the level on a similar mark so 8/1 is decent

Ascot 2.40 – There is a lot of hype about Cape Peron 9/2. Even Segal thinks he is the one to beat today, quoting “probably Group class”. I had a few too many beers last night and instead of putting £30, I accidently added an extra 0 to it. Oh dear. Oh dear indeed. I hope the race really does arrive!

Newmarket 2.45 – Can’t quite land a decent SBS bet yet, but must have a decent chance with Al Saham 7/2. Wouldn’t want too much rain as might open door for others.

York 2.55 – When I suggested back Sri Putra last year in this race I was uber chuffed. Varian had entered a pacemaker that day, but today me knows Mukhadram will do that for him. I’m not in anyway suggesting Mukhadram will lose this, but in the betting without or the forecast I suggest Sri Putra again. Headgear all back on. Be interesting to see how Apache gets on here at York and another one I would not think of easily writing off.

Newcastle 3.05 – Frog Hollow 7/2 can follow up under penalty.

Ascot 3.15 – Jeez. 3yr olds seem to struggle in this. Segal has clearly been reading Pyman’s Thoeries about claimers! Hmm one high in Santefisio 28/1 and one low Lightening Cloud 12/1

York 3.30 – Double Jeez. Gramery 20/1 slightly lower than when 2nd in this race last year. Khubala 7/1 should not be too far away

Ascot 3.50 – Lots of chat about Hillstar. Who can doubt Stoute. If it goes genuinely soft then you’d be nervous about Novellist. Ektihaam is clearly a decent horse, but you cannot get away from Cirrus Des Aigles 6/4.

Newmarket 3.55 – I have a few of these on my tracker, but not sure what the maximum weight you can put a horse up by is, but I would have put Secondo 4/1 up by a good 15lb minimum. What do I know though. Just hope if he needs to can find something off the bridle. Looks class above

2.00pm update...Couple non runners including Cape Peron (phew, or not?), so adding EsQueLove and Feyhadi into the mix

No comments:

Post a Comment