Thursday 9 May 2013

Bets 09/05/2013


M’Selle broke badly from a good draw and then was badly hampered but must remember in future to sack off hold up horses on fast ground in Chester sprints looking at the way that panned out. Hollowina just couldn’t get out and switched into the open and then got bumped. Banofee was mightily impressive, but I just need to not bet on fields full of maidens, unexposed sorts and potentials – Easy way to lose moolah! I thought Tominator was going to bag the Chester Cup at one point, but my savior was Space Ship. That form continues to bolster the Telescope form.

Tom Pricewise Segal from the Racingpost has picked two today:

Chester 1.45 – Eshtibaak
Chester 2.15 – Dick Doughtywylie 14/1

I think it’s going to be a tough day for punters, but you know me….

Chester 1.45 – Flying Power 20/1. Has the ability to win in this class with the step down in trip on this mark. Wolves like Chester is a tight course, but hopefully can translate to turf.

Chester 2.15 – Highlight Knight is going to set the pace, Miblish 9/1 will take over and just hold on from Gabrial. Ha – well, it’s how I imagine it assuming Bonfire is not going to run as too quick

Chester 2.45 – All the money and hype for Ruler of The World. Got 6/5 yesterday, but with lack of experience, certainly not one to bank on.

Chester 3.15 – Stats suggest there is no draw bias over this distance. Here Comes When has some solid form as a 2yr old. Recent winners though have had a 5/6 runs under their belt and I’m keen to keep Hannon onside at the moment too. Therefore Dashing David 13/2 who ran well in his final race last year. I just hope Moore doesn’t sit too far back. He didn’t have much luck yesterday…

Chester 3.50 – Jive 11/2

Chester 4.25 – Low draw looks like a must and the one at the biggest price needs a huge bounce back but willing to go with Queen Aggie 20/1. Has a decent chance at this weight based on previous C&D form and Kempton

Chester 5.00 – Swing Alone 18/1 is in blinding form, but Haylaman 9/2 does look on a very tempting mark. And Spencer is onboard.

Goodwood 2.30 – Bancuanaheireann 13/2 is good value and is part of the formlines that made me decent money last year

3 comments:

  1. Great shout in the Goodwood race - shame about the rule 4 but did get 13/2 rather than SP of 9/2. Ruler of the World hacked up - I took a chance on the Johnston horse at 14s...best of the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made some shocking choices today, especially in first two races. Made my process selection far too complex.

      The only double I have on today is Bancuan'n and Haylaman as was the only 2 I REALLY fancied. I bailed on Here Comes When, despite the best 2yr old form! Anyway here's fingers crossed for Haylaman and taking lessons learned on - I will one day smash the bookies :)

      Delete
  2. AHHHARGH! Oh well. Back tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete