Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bets 15/05/2013 - Dante Day 1

Tom Pricewise Segal had no winners at the York Dante Festival last year but has gone for 3 horses today:

York 1.45 - Lahaag 6/1
York 2.15 – Louis The Pious 11/1, Farlow 16/1

I’ve never had a decent record at the Dante and after a couple of days ago I’m going to switch to £20 punting. If I win I win less, if I lose I lose more, but I want the next 3 days to be more about trying to figure York out

York 1.45 – Segal has gone for Lahaag which is exactly what I’d do looking at the Chapter 7 form and form over C&D. In an attempt to outsmart myself and York I’m also keen on Eastern Destiny 20/1. Has won every other race 3 times and The Deia Sunrise and Snow Tropper lines aren’t bad. Rain will help according to trainer.

York 2.15 – Again I would have gone with Segal on this on backed Farlow. Looks like he is also following the Yeeoow formline according to his write up but I’m not overly confident about this as I was with the others in this formline. Struglling to see where the pace will come from but perhaps Nocturn will take it up so I’ll go with Mississippi 9/1 who is drawn close enough. I think the Enrol form is another to keep an eye on and 6lb rise is totally fair.

York 2.45 – I know I will regret taking on the top 2 in the market but I will also regret not giving Hollowina 16/1 one more chance. Could be my clanger horse for the season

York 3.15 – Every part of me wants to back Royal Rascal, but I know 3year olds struggle in races like this. Tickled Pink is another I really like and this horse thumped horses rated higher than is now but again 4 yr olds seemingly struggle. Horses with penalties also struggle so that rules out Maarek who would have been next on my list. I’m just going to have to back TIddliwinks 25/1 last years winner and Bogart 80/1 because Fats knew I would do this and I’ll be gutted if Bogart placed. Ryan is in decent form and has a decent record in this race so both must have a chance.

York 3.50 – Opera Box 9/1 is in my RP horse tracker and has everything in place to go close.

York 5.00 – Old Man Clegg 25/1 can out run his price

No comments:

Post a Comment