Friday 31 May 2013

Bets 31/05/2013

Gloomy Sunday was genius. Ha. Love it when 25/1 shot comes in, especially after a flat patch. But the facts where all there. That French form is strong and was franked at higher grades. Also the comments about his run flattening out in previous race were slightly odd. If you watch the race on youtube you’ll see why. Anyway back to today.

Espom 1.35 – Segal has gone for Ighraa 12/1. And why not. That French form is again very strong but I always worry about 3 year olds amongst the older bunch, but will stick with it as there are number I like in this and will be tough to pick the winner

Epsom 2.10 – I reckon Desai Jnr will be telling me to back Blue Surf as Perrett is boshing them in. I made my money on Blue Surf last year so happy to look elsewhere as too short. The one that looks big is Fattsota 12/1. Form in handicaps over here before stint in Meydan must give him a decent chance. And the man Dettori is onboard.

Epsom 2.45 – Custom Cut 14/1 looks big on his Irish form. Ground will be perfect and the Murty is up.

Epsom 3.20 – Segal has gone for Mister Music 12/1. Based on previous C&D form I get it, based on last few races, not totally convinced but the mark is tempting. The other interesting one is Maverick 8/1 based on current from and C&D runs.

Epsom 4.00 – There is a lot of chat about The Lark. Segal tipped her at 25/1. I don’t totally understand it. I’ve been mulling this one over for a while and struggling to see passed the first two in the market. Secret Gesture thumped a Listed field and the form was slightly franked in the Italian Oaks. Moth was flying home behind Just The Judge and we know how good that form is. I’ve read somewhere that the filly really didn’t handle the Newmarket track and which must be a worry here. I’ve backed Say Antepost as advised by Segal. The Banoffee form looks strong and Fallon is a master at Epsom. Banofee 10/1 also has a serious turn off foot and will be the bet for today, but if Moth handles the track I’d say is the class in the race.

Epsom 4.45 – Hasopop 9/4 looks to have the best form on show. Won last race far easier than paper shows. I do however had Here Comes When on my tracker but the form looks to have slumped a bit. Hope I don’t regret.

3 comments:

  1. Excellant write up on the frenchy yesterday....great shout. I see you've gone for some tasty priced ones today too....I'm going to try and not get involved too much today, but I'll have a small e/w acca(s) on your selections today I have no time.

    I need Dawn Approach to win the Derby tomorrow for Antepost double on that and the guineas...touchwood. I cant see anything to beat it really. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for staying away. I've been turned over!

      Good luck with Dawn - if it stays dry nothing ought to worry him. Could be a big result for New Approach after Talent HACKED up.

      Delete
  2. I don't know if it was just me or not (as I backed it). But, in my opinion, Hasapop never had a chance. Crap ride? Yes.

    ReplyDelete