Friday 7 June 2013

Bets 07/06/2013

Honey Meadow and Asian Trader provided a nice 70/1 double yesterday. Bosh. I would have been livid if Gladiatrix won. I no longer like the Mont Ras form

Newmarket 2.40 – 3 year old handicaps are so difficult because we just don’t know how much improvement each horse has, and so I’m always on the look out for handicap debutants on a mark I think is generous. Jubilante is the worthy favourite here but the one who looks on a decent mark, if has improved over the winter is Nardin 16/1. The form of Hoodna and Discernable is decent enough for this class. Hopefully will be ready on first run back.

Newmarket 3.10 – All roads point to Telescope here. Elkaayed who is bagging me winners, Glorious Protector who I’m angry with myself for not backing last time out all hold the form with Telescope. I’m still so gutted he didn’t run in the derby as he really would have had an amazing chance. Anyway, this is pretty tough, but I think Fledged 7/1 ran well on debut here and ought to improve and go close

Newmarket 3.45 – Highland Colori is probably the obvious choice but I would want a bigger price as more of and e/w punt. There are 4 on my shortlist so I’m just going to sack off. The main reason is Top Offer who could destroy the field, or not

I've saving my energy for tomorrow or maybe later this evening :)

4.30pm update. That was a pretty successful afternoon. A nice e/w double, but frustratingly I was too greedy to take a in hindsight decent price on Highland Colori who bolted up. A few for the evening...

Pontefract 7.05 - Will be brave with this one and call a reverse forecast on Orsippus and Mojolika

Pontefract 7.35 – The market is wrong here. It must be. I really don’t know why Hoofalong is favourite. And if he is then why the heck is LastchanceLucas 40/1? LCL beat Hoffalong, has won here and it’s easy to forgive a horse at York, but actually that was a tough race. He’ll be fitter today and I just can’t understand the price. The race will no doubt prove me wrong! The more realistic bet has to be Mayaasem 7/1. Solid C&D winner and solid handicap form.

Haydock 8.15 – I have to go with the BHA and their highest rated horse. Has a good draw, won at Haydock before and was in good enough form in Dubai. Medicean Man 8/1, although admittedly slightly tentatively because he hasn’t actually won at this level 

No comments:

Post a Comment