Friday 21 June 2013

Bets 21/06/2013 - Royal Ascot Day 4

Another fandabydosy day yesterday. Even landed my first ever placepot with 4 winning lines. Segal is adamant there has been no draw bias. I’m totally not convinced by that. When the clerk waters one side of a field after the first day, he knows there was a bias and then having over watered it the other side hacked up. Either way he has had 19 bets this weeks and no winners, but he knows far more than me and I won’t stop following his bets. So today Pricewise from the Racingpost has gone for:

Mutashaded -3.05 Ascot -1pt win at 12-1 with Boylesports (10-1 with Paddy Power)

Siyenica -3.45 Ascot  -1pt win at 12-1 generally

Fattsota - 4.25 Ascot -1pt win at 16-1 generally

Campanology -5.35 Ascot - 1pt win at 22-1 with Hills (20-1 generally)

Dream Tune - 5.35 Ascot- 1pt win at 14-1 with bet365 and Paddy Power

Let’s hope for another few winners today and one big acc J

Ascot 2.30 – Albany – Deano reckons this tipster knows his stuff. He also tipped Elidor like me yesterday so maybe he does!? Anyway he has gone for Lucky Kristale 25/1. I really don’t know how to choose between these and as much as I like Sandiva I just have to back the Frankel line; Joyeuse as I can now get 9/2. Going totally against the market with this, but meh. Feck I’ve accidently backed this random tip twice. I did that the other day with One Chance 100/1 and it paid off. Maybe an omen! Ha.

Ascot 3.05 – King Edward - Everything I read says take on Derby horses I this race. It was a tough one, but Battle of Marengo is rated 14lb higher than anything else in this. Hmmm. I genuinally don’t rate that Derby form to be top drawer so I will take on with Tha’ir 16/1. He ran a decent race one first effort back last time out and although another step up in trip we know he goes here as won the Chesham last year. The only off putting thing is that Hoarding got thumped a couple of days ago so the form takes a hit but at best he was up there with Olympic Glory and Toranado over a shorted trip.

Ascot 3.45 – Coronation – Ahhh Just The Judge, Sky Lantern and my other contender Rehn’s Nest are all drawn out wide. The JTJ for has stood up all week at Ascot and I’m not deserting it. This has to be the hardest Group race to call all week. Purr Along was blinding last year but yes had injury setback, Viztoria is rated the same as JTJ and Lynam’s last 3 runners have all won, including Sole Power, Lovely Pass is also solid based on C&D and form against Shuruq, Stoute is a genius and the fact supplemented Pavlosk could be very meaningful and then you also have Siyenica. Bloody hell. Urgh. Right if the draw is not a factor then JTJ 5/1 but if it is then you have to be on Big Break 6/1. Form with JTJ, will improve after first run and Weld has an amazing record with 3yr old fillies.

Ascot 4.25 – Wolferton -  Pyman has written up a decent case for Albasharah 5/1 and although he been hiked up the weights the form of the previous stacks up and to listed level too. All the stats say 4 year old have a good record in this, but our 4yr olds are butters. Gosden has won the last two years and although has not yet hit top form chance taken with Dick Doughtywylie 10/1. Don’t think he’s massively well handicapped, but has a good draw and has sound place chances at minimum

Ascot 5.00 – Queens Vase - Ladbrokes have opened up mega short on Leading Light 2/1 and it looks daft to take on. However in the betting without market worth backing Royal Skies 7/1. Wanted to back him yesterday but was a NR. Only a few trainers can surely train a young horse to this distance so stick to the Jumps trainers, Johnstons, Obriens and Stoutes of the world, I reckon

Ascot 5.35 – Loving Spirit 16/1 has to be backed based on last race. Looked short of room and ran on really well but draw concerns me. So another to looked at is Nassau Storm 20/1. Belgian Bill franked form, has a good low draw and decent form here at Ascot. I’d be daft no to back the favourite Enrol 7/1. Form is rockadoodlesolid. Whothecatz landed me a solid 14/1 the other day with that form.



No comments:

Post a Comment