Tuesday 13 March 2012

Bets 13/03/2012: Chelts Day 1

We have arrived! We have arrived! There have been hundreds of Whatsapps, Texts and Emails flying around this week and they’re all uber intriguing. This year all the chat is about the favourites, but there are some juicy long shots flying around! There are a lot of special offers on, so shop around and check the number of places being paid out as can make all the difference!!! So many facts, so many opinions, so many horses, it’s going to be mental! I believe that if you want to make money from the Festival, you really have to avoid getting carried away. Can I avoid that? Can I avoid diminishing my pot? Will I instead trot through the field of dreams with pots of moolah? Let’s find out…

Cheltenham 1.30 – Supreme Novice Hurdle – I’m already off to a stinker. I backed Sous Les Cieux e/w @ 20/1 Antepost and I’m a moron for not waiting for NRNB, as he’s not running in this race. Boooooo. I’ve already backed Darlan at bigger prices e/w and so I can’t back him again today and I’m worried he has very little of the bridle, but it will also depend on what the others can do up that hill. I also followed Segal and backed Vulcanite and Midnight Game. I’m really not sure what to make of either of those bets, but in Segal I trust. The DFH fund put Steps to Freedom in today’s e/w Accumulator paying 5 places with SkyBet – massive, and therefore won’t back him again today and he has not run for a while, which is a stat that goes against. The two that I like today are Prospect Wells and Galileos Choice. The former is closely matched with Steps to Freedom and with a wind operation behind him, 16/1 looks nice, if it did the trick. I bum Sous Les Cieux and Galileo’s form behind him works for me. This does mean I have 5 horses covered at different stakes. We know what this means….It can’t be a good story, can it?

Cheltenham 2.05 – The Arkle – This is all about Sprinter Sacre and Al Ferof (I hope). I really believe that Sprinter will put last year’s hill saga behind him and serve up a big lead so Ferof can’t catch him. Cue Card must be the danger to the front two. I'm sure I followed Segal and back Menorah e/w 3 places as well. Need to dig that out.

Cheltenham 2.40 – JLT – The fancied runners do well in this so best to focus at the top of the market. Segal has tipped Alfie Sherrin but I can’t take that. However his other choice The Package was on my shortlist. I heart C&D winners (well, runner up in this case) especially of the same race at similar weights. Pipe has come out saying the horse is in good nick as well. 13/2 is worth a pop with 5 places. I can’t back Quantitativeeasing at top weight, but I can definitely back Hold On Julio. I think he’ll hack up the hill but it is always a danger backing a horse with no C&D form here.

Cheltenham 3.20 – Champion Hurdle – I can’t take on the Fly. I’m AntePost on Zarkandar and Segal’s tip Oscars Well already as well. Binocular’s beating of Celestial is not earth shattering so I’m sticking by the fly.

Cheltenham 4.00 – Glenfaclas -  The Irish have won the 7 out of 7 times! Can’t ignore this. The top 3 in the market look solid. I can’t quite pick between Scotirish, Uncle Junior and Sizing Australia though. Segal has tipped Dancing Tornado at 16/1. Might be worth a nibble.

Cheltenham 4.40 – OLBG Mares – I’m not going to take on Quevega. Segal has picked Shop Dj, but I’m not having it.

Cheltenham 5.15 – Pulteney – Wilson buzzed me last Tuesday to get on Carrickboy at 25/1, so I did. He’s now 10/1 in places. Otherwise this is a tough race. Those towards the end of market do well again, and I’ve always liked Bless The Wings. If pushed for a long shot I would go with Harpsy Cord whose form in Ireland is being banded around.


Ante Post Bets
£25.00 e/w Sous Les Cieux 20/1 - NR - LOSE
£25.00 e/w Vulcanite 20/1 - LOSE
£25.00 e/w Midnight Game - LOSE
£25.00 e/w Darlan 7/1 - PLACED £68.75
£12.50 e/w Darlan 6/1 - PLACED £31.25
£50.00 e/w Menorah 16/1 - PLACED £250.00
£50.00 e/w Oscars Well 20/1 - LOSE
£50.00 e/w Zarkandar 8/1 - LOSE

Bets Today
£15.00 Scotsirish 3/1 - LOSE
£7.50 e/w Galileo's Choice 13/2 - LOSE
£7.50 e/w Prospect Wells 12/1 - PLACED £30.00
£7.50 e/w The Package 13/2 - PLACED £19.69
£7.50 e/w Balthazar King 8/1 - WIN £90.00

£7.50 e/w Carrickboy 10/1 - LOSE
£7.50 e/w Dancing Tornado - 16/1 - LOSE
£7.50 e/w Harpsy Cord - 20/1 LOSE
£7.50 e/w Bless The Wings - 7/1 LOSE
£50.00 Treble Quevega, Hurricane Fly, Sprinter Sacre - LOSE
£50.00 Hurricane Fly Evs - LOSE
£7.50 e/w Hold On Julio 8/1 - LOSE
£50.00 Sprinter Sacre 5/6 - WIN £94.50
£200.00 Quevega (To Place) 2/11 - WIN 236.11

Total Staked £925.00, Total Returned £820.30

P&L @ 13/03/12:
+£371.80

AntePost P&L @ 13/03/12:
+£231.00

Total P&L @ 13/03/12:
+£602.80






No comments:

Post a Comment