Monday 19 March 2012

Week 5: Update on Ban Jay Desai

Total Staked £6,994.03, Total Returned £10,791.95 = Profit £3,797.92 (54.3% Return)

Not a bad week, hey? Ha, who am I kidding? It was an immense week! I can only thank my balls for not sticking to my disciplined staking rules. I massacred those rules by lumping on a few times, coming up with ridiculous accumulators and backing multiple horses in one race. Thankfully it did not backfire! It easily could have, but that my friends, is punting. The risk remuneration this time was bountiful. It was nearly a PB, but I had a slightly better week over Aintree last year and with that looming large I’m readying the artillery. I’m going to write a Chelts review and note some ones to follow tomorrow. I noted Rubi Light and Zarakandar last year and with the latter, I quickly latched on to following a large herd of the Triumph race. Those notes were fruitful. The ones that did not ripen were Beautiful Sound, De Boitron and Long Run. The latter was definitely my biggest flop. The last two days have also been a reckless flop.

Channel 4, 4 the next 4 years now have exclusive rights to the Grand National and Royal Ascot which is a touch. No offense to the BBC but C4 coverage of racing is far better from a punters perspective. Admittedly, beyond betting, BBC do have more to offer, including heaps of racing memoirs but no doubt the switch is all about the money, money, money.

Last thing to note: Top Offer was heavily backed for the 2,000 Guineas. Bookies reported informed bets filtering through. Immediate reaction was to slash prices from 14/1 to 8/1. I inevitably tucked into the gamble and the RP this morning informs me they’ll take the Frankel route to the Guineas via the Greenham. Exciting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment