Tuesday 27 March 2012

Bets 27/03/2012

Red Somerset was an easy winner yesterday. The preview I gave on that race had to be no longer than two words; Red Somerset. I did get worried when it drifted to 11/8 from 8/11, but in the end worked in my favour! Shows the market often gets it wrong. On the other hand Purple Affair was evidently priced correctly, and the race got merked by a mischievous gamble (Emman Bee came in from 12/1 to 7/2). Totally missed that steamer! Prince Blue worked hard and was rewarded, but I was a bit disappointed by Land Hawk who had an easy path, but failed to do anything with it. Was a lousy day by 4.30p.m., so I had a coffee break, and found a steamer!!! Came in from 25/1 to 9/2; Not my choice! Came 2nd, gutted! Oh well, I only got on it @ 5/1! I then tried to chase some losses and backed Lisahane Bog. Whoops. £150 lost yesterday, so let’s hope I fair better today!

Hereford 2.10 – Nicholls is back amongst the winners and Plenty Pocket who I backed on Boxing Day owes me after his mega flop. This will be the last time I back him though, especially at these odds. I can’t see anything else I’d back.

Hereford 2.40 – Nothing suggests Grandioso will appreciate step up in trip, although ground may help. McCoy didn’t bother racing Family Tree after a mistake and will hopefully be good enough to land this

Hereford 3.10 – Topaze Collonges has been tried and tired over longer trips and looks on a low mark.

Hereford 4.40 – Earth Planet has done me over a couple of times, but no disgrace behind Hold on Julio or Battlecry. Scotsbrook Cloud is one of the apparent dangers on chase debut and the other Bruslini is justified favourite, but I’ll go with Earth Planet again, for the last time!

Market Rasen 2.20 – I backed Katchmore who won comfortably last week so no reason not to back Osgood who finished behind him last time out.

Market Rasen 2.50 – I ploughed into Presenting Ace  a few weeks back, only to be disappointed and seeing as I’ve backed two other horses today who’ve let me down previously do I go for a third? Not sure! Royal Entourage on the other hand still looks unexposed

Southwell 2.30 – Mataajir was 6/1 last night. Is now around 2/1. Hard to ignore that, even if there are a few others I like the look. Dunseverick has been backed in from 16/1 – 9/2 as well! Hmmm

Southwell 3.30 – Be very surprised if anything buzzed past First in Command after easy easy win last time

Southwell 4.30 – Will be a cracking race, but can’t pick a winner here.

Southwell 5.30 – Flying Pickets. I saw Samasana’s name and considered it having followed for a while. Think he needs a break and will stick with Pickets!



£15.00 e/w Osgood 9/2 - LOSE
£30.00 Royal Entourage 6/4 - PLACED
£30.00 First in Command 10/11 - WIN £57.27
£30.00 Mataajir 2/1 - PLACED
£30.00 Flying Pickets 15/8 - PLACED
£30.00 Topaze Collonges 4/1 - LOSE
£30.00 Earth Planet 2/1 - PLACED
£30.00 Plenty Pocket 15/8  - LOSE
£30.00 Family Three 5/2  - LOSE
£15.00 e/w Accumulator - LOSE



Total Staked £300.00, Total Returned £57.27



P&L @ 27/03/12:
+£2345.36

AntePost P&L @ 27/03/12:
+£1054.74

Total P&L @ 27/03/12:
+£3400.10


No comments:

Post a Comment